Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Strategic development.

Options
  • 28-12-2004 10:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭

Hello folks

Can any one offer any advice on a way to manage a development project, I know what I have to do but I am lost at where to start.

I am creating a complete site I have the design and template sorted, all apart from a few fancy icons.

Is there any system I can follow to bring some sort of order to the development of the subpages and content?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

You'll have to be a bit more specific with what you mean.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

There is program called MindManager from mindjet may help you!!!

Regards.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

You'll have to be a bit more specific with what you mean.

Have you any experience in project management? Google project management and see what you find.

I don't want to sound condascending in any way but if you take a look at it from a strategic perspective, say your selling something or offering a service then your project boils down to 3 things -

1. Introducing the company to the customer via the webpage (and making the customer remember the company).
    2. Showing the customer what it is the company has to offer.
    3. Selling the service or product to the customer.

These are the most important aspects of a good, e-commerce/business website.

Other vital ingredients for the web page are contact and location details for the company, some background information on the company stuff like that...

Hope this helps...

P.S Starting is always the hardest part...

Keyzer wrote:
    Have you any experience in project management? Google project management and see what you find.

I don't want to sound condascending in any way but if you take a look at it from a strategic perspective, say your selling something or offering a service then your project boils down to 3 things -

1. Introducing the company to the customer via the webpage (and making the customer remember the company).
    2. Showing the customer what it is the company has to offer.
    3. Selling the service or product to the customer.

These are the most important aspects of a good, e-commerce/business website.

Other vital ingredients for the web page are contact and location details for the company, some background information on the company stuff like that...

Hope this helps...

P.S Starting is always the hardest part...

I just looked at your website btw...
    I assume you created that one, why dont you just follow the steps or path you followed to create your own site?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,777 ✭✭✭✭The Corinthian

Keyzer wrote:
    The problem is that at first I thought he meant project management, then came out with this:
    Is there any system I can follow to bring some sort of order to the development of the subpages and content?
    Which seems more application design related.

• Advertisement

The problem is that at first I thought he meant project management, then came out with this:

Which seems more application design related.

The question was a bit ambigous agreed...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Take a look at www.basecamphq.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,414 ✭✭✭tom-thebox

Take a look at www.basecamphq.com

Thats actually what I was after.

Thanks guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

Welcome :) It's an excellent tool and they are developing new features regularly :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Microsoft project?

• Advertisement
Advertisement