Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How bad are WBA?

• 28-12-2004 11:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

I only know of 1 baggies supporter who i work with and when I went to see us play them at the Hawthorns I told him to expect a long tough season. Even the difference between them and Palace and us is evident by a mile. We have determination even though our squad is depleted by injuries and Palace have the same attitude as us.

All I can say is bye bye Baggies

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

Baggies Saviour?

Contra, who they also signed over the Summer, is a former Milan player too but still awful. I honestly think that no matter what Robson does, WBA are going down. Earnshaw, Kanu and Koumas are about the only players who might have a chance in the Premier League. Other than that, they've been fielding team of no-hopers. They got a point against Man City today but didn't deserve it at all, not a single shot off target, let alone on target.

The team who are bottom of the Premier League at Christmas always go down, WBA won't be the exception.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

I had this very conversation with someone yesterday. I reckon at the moment they are the worst team I've ever seen in the Premiership. I saw some of their supporters leaving after 50 minutes into the Liverpool match. My mate reckoned Sunderland in their mad run of defeats under McCarthy a couple of seasons back were worse. I remember Swindon being very bad in the early years of the Premiership (under John Gorman?). I think they still hold the record for conceding the most goals ever in a Prem season.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 498 ✭✭Harry2001

The Baggies are pretty brutal alright!

I think it's a shame that most of the teams promoted to the Premiership struggle so much and usually last only a season, West Brom might even finish with a lower points total that Sunderland a few season back (19 points i think)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,316 ✭✭✭✭MisterAnarchy

West Brom are utter crap.
    I remember watching them play Sunderland last season in a vital league match near the end of the season.
    West Brom had no shot at goal in the first half and 1 in the second half.
    After that match I was convinced they would be whipping boys this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,197 ✭✭✭kensutz

West Brom have been like that the past couple of seasons even in Division 1 they were a defensive team, I think that's how they set the record for most 1-0 wins in a season. When they came to Carrow Road last season, they made sure Hucks never got on the ball, stuck 3 players on him and never had any interest in going forward. I think most clubs said that they tried to bully the teams and tend to approach the games in a more physical matter. It's good for us that even the fans boo Robson before the game, and at the team selection.

Advertisement