Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Media Updates.

• 29-12-2004 12:29am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭

Right lads, this would mean alot to me if someone can help, ive tried everything else (bar taking an axe to my machine)

Windows updated to the latest version of Media Player, something i didnt want at all. i prefer using the old version (8, i think) and because of this update, all the quicktime files were changed to WMA files.

this is not good, as i use my mobile phone as an mp3 player, and it only plays quicktime files.

how do i reverse this update, from new version to old, without going through System Restore?

any help is appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

check that they might just be set to open in WMP and they may not be actually WMA files.. to change what they open in.. do this

Right click on one of the files>> then open with>>then at the bottom click choose from list>> select quicktime>>then tick the box to say always open this sort of file in the selected application...

tell me how ya get on ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

it was wmp. duuuuh.

and that did work, thanks alot.

now if only i can restore my media player, i`ll be a very happy girl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

What do you mean restore my media player?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 242 ✭✭Chaos_Path

restore it to an earlier version.

Advertisement