Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote for your overall GOTY

• 29-12-2004 2:37pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭

All of the big pre-crimbo exclusives are present, along with Far Cry :)

Overall GOTY? 42 votes

Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
    0% 0 votes
    GTA: San Andreas
    23% 10 votes
    Far Cry
    40% 17 votes
    Halo 2
    7% 3 votes
    Half-Life 2
    28% 12 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭crowl

...max payne 2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

/me bangs head against wall

perhaps you should have suggested max payne 2... you only had a month to do it ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,241 ✭✭✭Steven

Lol, poor tman. Good job with all the polls. No one can blame you if some games were left out or were kept out by some dubious titles. You put up the board, kept score and made up the polls in the fairest way possible. I'd congratulate you if I were that kind of person.

cheers man :)
    believe it or not, thats the first bit of recognition i've got for this game awards joint.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

The problem is that all those games are on different platforms, so it's quite unlikely that a lot of people would have played them all, so they wouldn't be able to make a balanced decision. It'll just turn into a popularity contest. Hardly very informative,.

• Advertisement

chances are, hl2 will blitz any poll it comes across.
    its not my fault if the punters like their generic fps action...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

tman wrote:
    generic fps action...

:eek: Are talking about HL2?

Good work on the awards. I'm sure we'll have a thread dedicated to you when its over. :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,886 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

its not my fault if the punters like their generic fps action

Sounds like farcry to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,616 ✭✭✭✭Sand

chances are, hl2 will blitz any poll it comes across.
    its not my fault if the punters like their generic fps action

Its a good thing it wasnt included as an option in the other polls because Id be willing to bet youd have Best RPG/Strategy/Sports Game/Arcade/Action Adventure of 2004 = HL2. Its funny/sad enough as it is that Gordon Freeman who doesnt speak a line is on track for best character :eek:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement