Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is PayPal still useless?

Options
  • 29-12-2004 2:53pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭

I've seen someone on boards.ie say that PayPal could draw funds from an Irish bank account, and I received notification from PayPal ages ago to that effect. I've checked and they still will not accept bank account or credit card. So who's telling lies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

They will allow you to set up a bank account for the purposes of withdrawing funds from your paypal account, but not from your bank account.

Credit Card works fine for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭combs

I see. They never accepted my BoI credit card. They must be content with the business they have and don't want any more.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

without getting your knickers in a twist, what do you mean by 'never accepted'? Do you not understand how to add a credit card, or did you get an error message or are you still waiting to see the $1 transaction on your credit card statement?

Bear in mind it can take over a week normally for this to show on your bank statement, and over Christmas you would be safe to double that timeframe.

Have you tried phoning paypal? They're pretty good, you won't be in a Q and their cust care people are good, IME.

Error message: Cannot verify credit card, or a message to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

Are you entering the billing address for your credit card as your paypal registered address? That might be a reason why it's failing.

I'd phone 'em if I were you.

• Advertisement

Billing address is the same. I'll ring them so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭smileyrecords

i registered fine

Advertisement