Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nitro r/c car owners

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi Guys,

I just came across this discussion board today.

I see some of you might be interested in racing RC cars.

There is a club based in St. Annes, Raheny who have access to a World Class onroad track: www.orcaireland.com

You will find lots of info. on their site, if you go to the forum section all the dates etc for club & national rounds are listed.

There is also a governing body in Ireland for RC car racing called the RCCAOI: www.rccaoi.org. The RCCAOI is affiliated to EFRA who are the European governing body for RC car racing: www.efra.se

There is quite a large community of racers who meet on a regular basis throughout the season.

Hope this info. is useful???

All the best

Kevin

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Good information Kevin.

I notice that both the orcaireland and RCCAOI websites have small forums in them, but neither are very active. Perhaps (if you have some say in the running of either of these websites) they could have a link to this board here - as though it's only been in existence for 6 months, it appears to be the most active model-related board in Ireland...

Just a thought,
    Fobia.

• Site Banned Posts: 313 ✭✭revo

Hi Guys,

I just came across this discussion board today.

I see some of you might be interested in racing RC cars.

There is a club based in St. Annes, Raheny who have access to a World Class onroad track: www.orcaireland.com

You will find lots of info. on their site, if you go to the forum section all the dates etc for club & national rounds are listed.

There is also a governing body in Ireland for RC car racing called the RCCAOI: www.rccaoi.org. The RCCAOI is affiliated to EFRA who are the European governing body for RC car racing: www.efra.se

There is quite a large community of racers who meet on a regular basis throughout the season.

Hope this info. is useful???

All the best

Kevin

wat bout off road

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 312 ✭✭mugenextreme

Fobia wrote:
    Good information Kevin.

I notice that both the orcaireland and RCCAOI websites have small forums in them, but neither are very active. Perhaps (if you have some say in the running of either of these websites) they could have a link to this board here - as though it's only been in existence for 6 months, it appears to be the most active model-related board in Ireland...

Just a thought,
    Fobia.

just to say that both these forums are only up and running since around december and feb for the Orca one. also its only the start on are onroad season so hopefully things will pick up.
    Got this forum from Revo2008, i am interested to know how many people here have a off road truck eg. savage,t-maxx or revo etc.. and would like to race, bear in mind we are talking about running in dublin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭SLIM19198

I have, but alas, I am in cork :-(

just to say that both these forums are only up and running since around december and feb for the Orca one. also its only the start on are onroad season so hopefully things will pick up.
    Got this forum from Revo2008, i am interested to know how many people here have a off road truck eg. savage,t-maxx or revo etc.. and would like to race, bear in mind we are talking about running in dublin.

Ive a Revo. live in dublin and will travel no problem and i will give lifts too ppl that will need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 .B.R.

I've a tmaxx so you could count me in...

.B.R. wrote:
    I've a tmaxx so you could count me in...

good man b.r looking forward to meeting up with ya. if you need a lift just let me know

Get any replys bout that track in antrim? Aswell check this forum out, Here!

• Advertisement

.B.R. wrote:
    Get any replys bout that track in antrim? Aswell check this forum out, Here!

this is the guy that is part of that track

Ah i see.. Are they looking into setting up a track here?

.B.R. wrote:
    Ah i see.. Are they looking into setting up a track here?

ye early stages. add me too msn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 199 ✭✭Kevin dublin

Hi Guys,

The RCCAOI represents IC + Electric, On-road + Off-road clubs.

It seems there is a community of monster truck guys who want to race.

The one thing you have to look into is insurance. There is a big difference between a few mates meeting up for a race & organising a full on race day, you also have the public to worry about, depending on location.

A monster truck club could be setup, a location to race is a problem. We might be able to adapt the track in Raheny that ORCA use but it would have to be raised with the committee first.

ORCA have a series of 'Fun' days organised throughout the season, we might be able to run a Monster Truck race or 2, I'll raise this at our next committee meeting.

The other thing you need to look into when racing is how do you tell who has won!! All the organised clubs have a computer based timing system which uses a transponder system which keeps track of every car racing etc.

Its great fun but hard work to organise a successful race day, some of you should drop down to St. Annes to see a race day running & whats involved.

If there is enough guys willing to do the work involved, it could be a great new part of the RC scene in Ireland.

All the best

Kevin

Advertisement