Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Video: Tony Hawks

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Thats impressive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

very impressive i wonder why they didnt show the guys frustration when his battery ran out after the level although sony go on and on about the hardware on this machine they speak of no games and wont just say yes the battery is **** but look at our shiny graphics i kind of get flashbacks to many yrs ago with a certain machine known as gamegear newer gamers may not know of this as it died a horrible death at the hands of nintendo my prediction is psp will too once people actually realise how much of a let down it really is
    Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

The battery time for the PSP is around 4hrs, which is more than enough for me on a normal day in college. I don't see it as a problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

i have to say, they're some fairly impressive graphics. Im yet to see an example of the DS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,873 ✭✭✭Simi

Ds graphics look fairly poor tbh. On some games it looks only slightly better than the n-gage. Although Mario 64 does look pretty good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,987 ✭✭✭✭zAbbo

I've played more or less every DS game here in stores (new york) and Mario, Metroid (4 player dm in toys r us) and Feel the Magic are the best games. With Ridge Racer, Madden NFL and Mr Driller being above average. Spiderman2 was average, and Ping Pals and Sprung were crap.

Graphics are n64 and better, controls are very solid, Metroid 4 player networked was flawless, no lag, frame drop etc. as well as being loadsa fun.

Also worth noting, everywhere in new york city is sold out of DS's, in fact the queue circled the toysrus department a few times over.

I'm hoping to pick one up tomorrow or the next.

In short games(gameplay) make a console/handheld, the same will be the situation here. I can't comment on the PSP(havent played one).

Even 4 hours battery life is pathetic in this day and age. I'm used to charging my SP once a week

yes compared to the psp the graphics on ds are poor but tbh what would u rather for a multiplayer session to play ridge racer for at least 10 hrs on ds or have it over b4 all the beers are gone like baz says the ds is sold out i returned home from new york heartbroken so i picked one up on lik-sang,but honestly if someone chooses psp over ds more fool them they are just what sony are looking for fools who can be bought off with everything bein bright and shiny where as underneath the truth lurks like a **** stain on a white pair of boxers.
    Plus lets on forget GBA backwards compatabilty rather that than play re hashes of ps 2 games
    but yes it does look nice but remember every rose has its thorn
    Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

i must say WOW. that looks deadly. things can only get better for the battery life when you think about it tbh. in all fairness sure a longer battery life would be great but most of us arent gonna be sittin for longer than four hours playin it while not at home unless on a plane.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,556 ✭✭✭savemejebus

prob won't be able to use it on a plane though, laser controlled stuff is still banned right?

yeah thats right so another thing psp loses out on although everyting is grand running the discs is where the battery fails the only way to stop discs running so much is to cut down on graphics which i guess may happen after general sales reach a certain amount as people are wowed by the ridge racers etc
    Brock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

i have the psp, and i have to say the battery life is great. Lasts for ages, 5-6 hours. which is loads, and you can buy spare batteries if your doing travelling or whatever.

5-6 hrs is not ages the point of a handheld is to play games away from home lets for example say u are travelling from dub to kerry for a week caravan trip ok play in car, play a bit in caravan battery dead. put in the other battery u had to shell out on play some more, u decide u want to play wifi multiplayer with bro then 2 days into ur away from home trip ur poor psp is dead , at least with other handhelds u could at least get a few days in but lets all thank sony for throwin in the car charger (just but it in b4 someone threw it up) but who wants to break down on side of road just so they can play ridge racer away from home. Please PSP owners just own up and say yes the machine is good but battery is **** and tbh we know u aint impressed with it either
    Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

L5 wrote:
    i have the psp, and i have to say the battery life is great. Lasts for ages, 5-6 hours. which is loads, and you can buy spare batteries if your doing travelling or whatever.

Im not knocking the PSP - I think its very impressive...but 5-6 hours isnt great battery life...Id be surprised if it wasted 6 hours too. Heard loads of reports of 4-5 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

Simi wrote:
    Ds graphics look fairly poor tbh. On some games it looks only slightly better than the n-gage. Although Mario 64 does look pretty good.

DS gfx are far better then the N-Gage... I agree with everything bazH has said. Everyone forgets that games make a good hand held not GFX and Metroid Hunters is going to rock :)

The PSP vid looks great but personally I hate all those skateing games now matter what front end they put on em.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

It's really up to preference and only time will tell which is better (and of course which games are out for it!), but statements like this are complete and utter bull and only prove what a fool you are:
    Brock wrote:
    but honestly if someone chooses psp over ds more fool them they are just what sony are looking for fools who can be bought off with everything bein bright and shiny where as underneath the truth lurks like a **** stain on a white pair of boxers.

Please. Go away until you've used both and they're both out a bit longer, because right now you're just trolling.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭weemcd

out of intrest does anyone actually have both devices to compare?

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Well I've seen a few forum posters who had both and Ive even seen a few selling their DSs! I've played DS, I own a PSP and Brock dude I cant wait till you have to eat your own BS!!!
    :D

Im sick arguing with people who havent a clue and Im sick having to prove myself - when the PSP comes out, and you get a chance to play it, you will, as has everyone else who has played both, declare the DS a pretty poor alternative to the utter sweetness that is the PSP.

seriosuly why do people assume so god damn much i have bloody played both ok my bro has a psp i have a ds, so i can have a opinion and i will i aint talking BS everybody know the psp battery is rubbish ,why cant one of u guys just say "yes brock it is" not once have i said graphics where bad or anything i am basing all my opinions on what the psp is supposed to be a portable console which it aint in my opinion which i am entitled to have without others accusing me of anything the PSP which last 6 hrs on a single battery at least aint all that portable if u are gonna play it at home just play the ps2 there the same god damn games(except metal gear acid but thats a card game for god sakes)
    Brock

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,196 ✭✭✭✭Crash

you are however a broken record and have provided really nothing of interest to this thread at all other than going "OMFG NINTENDO BETTER THAN SONEH OMFG".

no i am just replyin to what people say to me or about me plus its SONY not soneh
    Brock

who cares if the battery is only 6 hours, i dont. Its only out 2 weeks ffs, im sure it will improve in time as they figure out how to make better use of it.And there are 3rd party companies planning much higher capacity batteries also.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

Brock: So, your saying that if someone admits that the battery last's 4-5hrs you will shut up about it?

Ok then, The battery only lasts 4 hours while playing a game.

Happy now?

Now we can get back to people talking about how great the PSP is......

Sean

PS, How long does the DS battery last while playing films/mp3's...........?

i dont think the adaptor for mp3's / films is out yet. maybe im wrong

no man i do believe your man was tryin to imply "oh wait it doesnt play mp3/films"

Correct, I was pointing out that the DS doesnt play either......

not yet anyway. it's coming though. probably quicker than the psp over here,

*thinks back to the TV add on for the game gear*

To be truthful, I actually love the DS, but i dont think it can compare to the PSP for allround greatness? Even with the "Crap" battery.

Sean

• Advertisement

just got Hotshots Golf for psp today.
    Its amazing :eek: plays beatifully, graphics amazing, just like playing on a ps2

Advertisement