Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PSP Video: Tony Hawks

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,889 ✭✭✭evad_lhorg

ill wait to see how the psp gets on in the U.S before i make my decisions cause there is no way in hell im getting a Jap one. wouldnt get a jap ds either. my american one should be winging its way back within the next two weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

with most peeps importing the ds u can just import the add on for playin mp3s and movies as for battery time i aint to sure and i aint implying games or anything is bad on PSP i am only implying that 4-5 hrs battery on a portable console is crap
    Brock

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Right, the topic is 'PSP Video: Tony Hawks', feel free to post a new thread named 'best handheld' or whatever, but for here and now...

GET BACK ON TOPIC

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST OR ANY OFF TOPIC POST

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Brock the fanboy. Mega mega fanboy. errrrrrrrrrrrr

I saw the clips for Tony Hawks on PSP. It looks class. Does anyone the situation with the PSP yet? Are they going to enhance the battery life?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

cheesedude wrote:
    Brock the fanboy. Mega mega fanboy. errrrrrrrrrrrr

I saw the clips for Tony Hawks on PSP. It looks class. Does anyone the situation with the PSP yet? Are they going to enhance the battery life?

While it was a funny post (picturing Brocks arms/hands going into spasm trying to prove he could play a DS for 10Hrs straight), why drag it up again?

Matt

• Advertisement

I typed in PSP and this is what I got...Will the battery situation change?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 8,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Rew

New battery due before the end of the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Lex_Diamonds

Does having speakers up full volume on a DS drain the batteries significantly quicker? I dont really get much play time out of my unit, 4 hours if im lucky.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

monument wrote:
    Right, the topic is 'PSP Video: Tony Hawks', feel free to post a new thread named 'best handheld' or whatever, but for here and now...

GET BACK ON TOPIC

DO NOT REPLY TO THIS POST OR ANY OFF TOPIC POST

Hey, Monument... Will I get a slap on the wrist for being off-topic if I reply to:
    PS, How long does the DS battery last while playing films/mp3's...........?
    and
    Correct, I was pointing out that the DS doesnt play either......Edit: either = films or mp3s

with

1) yes it does - Supercard + Compact Flash (don't know about Playan).

2) tried 'The Matrix' (admittedly very trimmed down in Divx, but only because my biggest CF is 256 Megs) - which looks a damn side better than Tony Hawks (to bring this back on-thread :D).

I'd estimate 7 to 8+ hours of playtime left after watching it - consumption for film playing vs gameplaying on DS assumed to be identical or less (since no spindle to power and only 1 screen out of the 2). But will report accurate after attempting the full LOTR trilogy this week-end (if my 2GB CF card turns up in mail tomorrow).

That Tony Hawk vid' is good, though - damn I'm itching to buy one (PSP). :)

This is an old WAY out of date thread that should be let die.

• Advertisement

It is still helpful. No point in starting a new thread.

So basically the psp will have a new battery out and it will increase game time, meanwhile the ds is having trouble now with battery life? :O

There are loads of threads since this one that have much more upto date, its more ambro taking on verly old coments about video on the DS that I was refering to. They were made pre play-chan and other devlopments so its a bit silly to start in to it now.

DS battery is fine I get bloody ageas out of mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,994 ✭✭✭ambro25

My bad, hadn't noticed age of thread. :o

Advertisement