Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live from the THG Lab: We "Stress Out" AMD and Intel

Options
  • 29-12-2004 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭

AMD and Intel running at maximum load for days on end. All system data and images are updated and available live from the THG lab in Munich.

Tom's Hardware Guide

The one thing I learned from this is that im never buying a Tagan PSU.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Live? It's 11 days old... :o

Anyway, the whole article has been rubbished by most sites across the net.

#1: Not having them in cases, whats the point so?

#2: Stability should be measured in weeks, or months uptime, rather than days.

#3: They replaced the P4's PSU with one that is superior and DIFFERENT to the Athlon's, invalidating any remnant or shred of credibility.

#4 Having different components in each system(for example, graphics card & ram) - if they were trying to test "Intel & AMD", surely they should have kept the components as similar as possible?

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 4,082 Mod ✭✭✭✭Nukem

Ok where's the application form. Someone wants me to setup a few systems run them flat out and get payed for it,eh..........i could think of worse jobs.

But needs an update + full conclusion

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

The test is still going.

I think they said somewhere that they put the systems into transparent cases, if they didnt they are idiots. Its strange why they didnt change both PSU's

They gave the reason for using AGP and PCI-e, RAM had to be different anyways

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Dempsey wrote:
    The test is still going.

I think they said somewhere that they put the systems into transparent cases, if they didnt they are idiots. Its strange why they didnt change both PSU's
    They put them into transparent cases after 5 or 6 days, due to the amount of people calling them muppets.
    They gave the reason for using AGP and PCI-e, RAM had to be different anyways
    Aye, DDR2 wont be on the A64 for another 2 months or so, but they could have used an Nforce4 board for PCI-e

Is Nforce4 available at the moment?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Yes.

Where then, everywhere i looked its on pre-order, not available till Jan '05 (Tomorrow at least :)) which hasnt changed since the last time I check about 2 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,630 ✭✭✭gline

Dempsey wrote:
    Where then, everywhere i looked its on pre-order, not available till Jan '05 (Tomorrow at least :)) which hasnt changed since the last time I check about 2 months ago.

http://geek.pricegrabber.com/

Too much effort to order in from the US

Dempsey wrote:
    Too much effort to order in from the US
    Your loss ;)

• Advertisement

Not really, on many occasions I was hell bent on ordering parts from the US. Everytime I changed my mind because of one constraint or another.

Out of interest, how many times have you ordered from the US(and where) and what did you buy each time.

between 10-15 times i have ordered from the US, i get most my stuff over there, i have bought, motherboards, fx51, ram, harddrives, x800pro, camera equipment, watercooler, audigy 2 zs platinum, basically my whole pc and another 1 except the machII. I use all different shops to get stuff, basically the cheapest at the time, use the same guy to ship it in.
    trust me it is your loss ;)

What do ya mean that you use the same guy to ship it? I assummed each shop would have its own means of shipping?

I wouldnt say it's my loss now

No i use a guy to ship it in, so no import tax etc,

Advertisement