Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Copyright protected?

Options
  • 29-12-2004 4:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,441 ✭✭✭

Downloaded a pis spiderman pic for my phone recently and wanted to pass it on to my brother s phone but it is copyright protected is there anyway of removing this??

I also sent some ring tones from my old phone by placing a $ at the start and end of the name but once on my new phone became copyright protected???

My phone is a nokia 3200 and i m with Meteor!

John

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

sorry to say but its illegal if you get around a copyright.. thats the whole point of them.. by the way never knew media for phone was protectd like that

• Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭theothernt

Hi,

Since the introduction of polyphonic ringtones, wallpapers, other downloadable content, etc most/all Nokia phones from the past few years have had some form of copy protection aka DRM (digital rights management).

Essentially, when you download the ringtone (MIDI file) or wallpaper (JPEG file) an extra bit of information is also given which states what the phone can or can't do with the content. In this case the wallpaper is not allowed to be copied.

There's more detail in this Nokia Forum DRM FAQ if you're interested.

- Neil

• Registered Users Posts: 7,869 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

thievin little fecker. why dont u use the google wap site (think its just wap.google.com) to search for pictures? u can probably get uncopyrigted ones that are just as good.

PS ur up to 1000 posts ya spamming scumbag! ;)

Ringtones downloaded to a Sharp phone are the same. They're in the MMF format and are marked as red on the phone - you can't do anything other than play it or delete it.

One thing I like about the Motorola phones is that the ringtones are bog standard MIDI files - you can do what you like with them! :D

Advertisement