Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quietest PSU?

Options
  • 29-12-2004 5:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭

I built a pc for my dad but the PSU is damn noisy. (Ok - I'll be honest - it's a cheap case - http://www.komplett.ie/k/ki.asp?sku=300693&cks=PRL). Q-Tec 350W psu in it.

The pc is powerful enough - Athlon 64 3500+, 1Gb ram, 160gb SATA hdd, radeon 9250, and the usual other bits. I'd say that a 350W psu is enough for it but may as well go for a 400W - not much in the price anyway. It's only being used for office purposes not gaming.

What I want to know is what is the best, quiet, psu that I should get. I've looked at the BeQuiet ones on HiTide and they're reasonably priced. Should I get one of these? Or is there another brand that's quiet, decent output and reasonably priced?

Comments

Advertisement