Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vodafone GPRS/3G Data Tariffs

Options
  • 29-12-2004 6:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭

Earlier this month Vodafone published some new Data Tariffs linked from the Personal area on their site: Personal > Price Plans > Data Tariffs > 1-2 mobile phones > GPRS/3G price plans

Now using a 3G handset, one of these tariffs would be appropriate (albeit expensive), so I call to get one added on to the account... after a lot of holding and asking if I had a Blackberry, PC Card etc. I get told they they can't add any of those onto my account. Only the 3MB bundle (which is their standard GPRS Data Package) is available :eek:

Vodafone offer a 20MB promotional bundle to new 3G users it appeared they had decided to offer more realistic (i.e. size) data packages to 3G customers:
    3G Services/3G Modem
    To get you started we are giving you a FREE 20MB data bundle for one month. Simply FreeFone 1907 to avail of this offer and find out more.

According to any of the support personnel I've talked to and with the link on the 3G Modem page referring to the 3MB bundle, is looks like this is the only Data Tariff available at present... so does anyone know what is the story with the new Data Tariffs that appeared earlier in the month...

[Aside: there seems to be an discrepancy in the new data tariffs under 'GPRS / 3G Pay monthly data charges' as they quote 250MB costing Eur 250 but 500MB only costings Eur 199?]

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 1,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭slade_x

i hope this is what your looking for
    http://www.vodafone.ie/soho/price/dataroaming/3ggprsplans/index.jsp

Vodafone Mobile Connect datacard offers

and heres info on the backberry email pricing

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

slade_x wrote:

hi - yeah have a link out to that too - although the problem is trying to get one of the data allocations added to the account :(

not using a Data Card or Blackberry - just a 'regular' 3G handset which is causing the support personnel trouble as they only seem to have info / training on data tariffs for the PC Card and Blackberry at present...

thanks anyhow

• Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭Doublezero8

Rather than using the customer support team you might have better luck with calling the Data Support Team.

They have become more customer freindly recently in regards to queries like this and they should be more up to speed on what your looking for and if they can be added to your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

thanks - i had tried to call and email data support but wasn't having much luck getting through/response (suppose due to the holidays?) - although contacting data support for specific account/billing matters i've often just been referred/passed back to customer support if the query hasn't been technical in nature...

after your post i gave them another try yesterday and got through, they did say they really look after technical support but after hearing all the difficulty i was having they seemed to made a call or two and came back saying they would put in a request for one of the new data bundles to be add to the account - regular customer support emailed back today saying the correct package would be added to the account so it seems to have done the trick (fingers crossed)...

thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 15,946 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Sorry to drag up an old thread, but I was thinking of getting the 25mb data bundle added to my account to cover my usage with my new PDA (on the way). Would 25mb be too much or too little for just doing a bit of daily surfing and checking a few mails??

Anyone using an XDA type device how much mb's would you normally use??

Thanks

• Advertisement
Advertisement