Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Freeroll Query??

Options
  • 29-12-2004 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭

what is a freeroll guys? Does it basically mean free entry? I'm looking at one on ladbrokes.com with 1st prize entry to sundays comp where you can win a place in the poker millions 2005.

There is a limit of 6000 players in the freeroll!! How long would that tournament take cause I don't fancy sittin in front of the computer all night?

They say there are unlimited $3 rebuys for the 1st hour. What are the best tactics for this? ....take it easy for the 1st 30-45mins only playing premium hands and then limit the number of rebuys to say 2 or 3?

Any good advice gratefully accepted.

Thanks
    Georgey

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

yea a Freeroll is a free to enter tournament,I play a freeroll on PokerRoom.com most days and 2000 people enter it takes about 3/4 hours (well thats if you are doing well,I have been out in 15min)

The idea is to get as many chips before rebuys end,if you have alot of chips when the rebuys end you have a big advantage.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Dub13 wrote:
    yea a Freeroll is a free to enter tournament,I play a freeroll on PokerRoom.com most days and 2000 people enter it takes about 3/4 hours (well thats if you are doing well,I have been out in 15min)

The idea is to get as many chips before rebuys end,if you have alot of chips when the rebuys end you have a big advantage.

I hope this helps.

yeah thanks...I don't have 3 or 4 hours at the moment so I've given it a miss. I know its wishfull thinking but you've got to plan to win, no point being chip leader after 2 hrs and having to head out!!

Advertisement