Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony's KV32CS70 - Anyone got one?

Options
  • 29-12-2004 6:43pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm thinking of buying the Sony KV32CS70 [specs here].
    32cs70_im.gif
    I like what I saw of it in the shops - 32", wide/flat screen, 100Hz. Anyone have one of these babies and give me a firmer idea of how good it is or isn't? I googled for reviews but just turned up loads of online stores where you can write a review....

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭Pacifico

Yep, Just bought one of these about 2 weeks ago. Great TV and class stand.

If i was to criticize it;
    1) Sound isn't great from the built in speakers
    2) The TV sits a bit low (Could be about a foot higher)

Thats it really, PS The Sony centre has 10% all tv's i their sale :)

• Registered Users Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

they have the kv32fx68 aswell, its the older model and looks different, but spec wise its the same, its sits a good bit higher, so that solves the height issue and is only €799, so its a saving of €100 for basically the same tv, which personally i think looks nicer.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Just got it there, all set up. My main problem is a poor quality coaxial between the VCR and TV - the reception is pretty crappy but it's fine when I view the TV through the VCR's scart connection - making me assume it's the VCR-to-TV coaxial cable...

Anyway, the TV setup nicely (stand has lots of bits to it) and am pleased... with all three hours I've had it...

• Registered Users Posts: 6,163 ✭✭✭ZENER

ixoy wrote:
    Just got it there, all set up. My main problem is a poor quality coaxial between the VCR and TV - the reception is pretty crappy but it's fine when I view the TV through the VCR's scart connection - making me assume it's the VCR-to-TV coaxial cable...

Anyway, the TV setup nicely (stand has lots of bits to it) and am pleased... with all three hours I've had it...

It could be the default Output channel on the VCR is interfering with the TV signal, try tuning the VCR channel off Ch 36, there's usually a menu option or a tuner pot near the RF IN/OUT sockets on the VCR. If this doesn't work then it probably is the cable. Are you on NTL/Chorus or rooftop antenna ?

ZEN

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Ah found a spare cable and it works fine now :)

• Advertisement
Advertisement