Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What ps2 games are online

Options
  • 29-12-2004 8:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭

Any worth playing ?
    Does it matter if your ps2 is modded ? do games have to be legit, PAL versions ?
    or can you play NTSC/JAP aswell ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Well I dont know about modified Ps2s online but there have been a few great PS2 online games this year (its usally best to play them new imo though).

Anyway on to the good games:

Burnout 3
    Splinter Cell Pandora Tomorrow
    Mortal Kombat Deception
    Killzone
    Star Wars Battlefront (was good for a bit)
    Apparently Ghost Recon 2 is good

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

ive seen the burnout 3 mode, sounds very impressive, i know that wwe smack down vs raw has an online mode but its very limited (only single matches, pin)
    i find it hard to control FPS with ps2 controller tbh.

i must get a network adapter soon so !
    thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

killzone, socomII and burnout3 are probably the 3 most popular online ps2 games. they're fantastic

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Placebo wrote:
    Any worth playing ?
    Does it matter if your ps2 is modded ? do games have to be legit, PAL versions ?
    or can you play NTSC/JAP aswell ?

You can play online with a modded ps2, you need to turn off the chip if your playing a legit game. You can also play backups but it takes a little work, you can only play pal games though, it is possible to play ntsc games but I think its a lot of hassle.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,070 ✭✭✭Placebo

turn off the chip ? mines internal.
    thanks for the info all.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Ye you can turn it off, newer ones let you do this. All chips have different ways, like mine is a ripper and you press reset 3 times to disable it.

Advertisement