Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Blinds for a Home game...?

Options
  • 29-12-2004 8:11pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I am having a a few mates around tomorrow night for a home game.What would you recommend for the Blinds,there should be 8 of us...?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

Dub13 wrote:
    I am having a a few mates around tomorrow night for a home game.What would you recommend for the Blinds,there should be 8 of us...?

When I have friends over we usually play with 2000 in chips each with 8 players max.

We start the blinds at 25 / 50.
    50/100 on the half hour
    100/200 after another 30mins
    200/400 again after 30mins
    300/600
    400/800
    500/1000

Once it goes down to 3 people the blinds go up every 15 mins. A game with 8 people with this structure lasts anywhere from an hour and a half to about 3 hours.

I find it also depends on the type of players you have over...if they are cagey novices you need to raise the blinds quickly to avoid a marathon session when it gets to 3 players and then heads up.

Judge it yourself after the first game. The main thing is not to have players waiting too long for another game......and to win yourself of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

An alternative that we use is kinda cool. More of a cash game. You buy in for €5, this gets you 1000 points of chips. Blinds are 25 and 50 and do not change. You can then play as long as you want. Players can stop playing if they want a break and come back in when they are ready. If you blow all your chips you can buy back in. If you like a player can back back in up to the value of the smallest stack.

We tend to give a finish time up front so everyone knows when it will end. The thing I like about this is that, unlike a tournie, no one is sitting on there arse twiddleing there thumbs (or worse) due to a bad beat or bad play.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

It's madness. none of it makes sense. but that format is really good for one thing: watching as tom deliberates for ages over whether to call a three times the big blind raise out of position with king nine, while you call on the blind because for fúck's sake, it's seventy five cents.

Advertisement