Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom DSL router/port problems

Options
  • 29-12-2004 9:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3

Does anyone who has Eircom DSL broadband have problems playing new games like Half Life 2 or Final Fantasy XI when it comes to ports etc?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

shouldn't be any problems with it.
    you can just open ports on the gateway anyway...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paul_gr

i have tried this but it still would not work.. eircom are crapbags... can anyone help or tell me what to do

open your web browser and type 192.168.1.254 into the address bar
    click on expert mode, then configure, then advanced, then pinholes.
    add the port range that you want to be unblocked and then click the alert button that appears once you click submit.

most games shouldn't require this to be done though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 paul_gr

I went to the playonline site and it said for Final Fantasy XI open the TCP 50000 - 65535 but when you enter those it says that those values are outside the range! Help!

did they actually tell you to do that on a web page, or was it a forum post?

complete pile of bollocks either way
    the game would only need 1 port open ffs

• Advertisement
Advertisement