Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best place to get a PSP from?

Options
  • 30-12-2004 2:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭

oooooook got some crimbo money left and i like my old gadgets...had my eye on a psp for ages now..never really thought about importing it due to the extra charges and stuff..

but..after seeing so many screenies and reading on these boards you can just change the language to english and all uk games will work... :eek: :D

i considered getting an mp3 player with my cash but wtf..this is an mp3 player too! :D

ok where do psp owners reckon the best place to get 1 from is and how much are we talking i know there on pre order round here about £150-£200 but ive had a look around and im finding all sorts of different prices

help i need 1! :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Best place at the moment I'd say would be Ebay. You might get stung for customs, but the dollar is so weak it makes up for it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭Brock

got a e mail from lik-sang sayin they have some back in stock but its like 324 euro our something like that i would wait til it goes down as its a tad bit steep plus customs would be at least another hundred
    Brock

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Brock wrote:
    got a e mail from lik-sang sayin they have some back in stock but its like 324 euro our something like that i would wait til it goes down as its a tad bit steep plus customs would be at least another hundred
    Brock

Also look at Play-Asia, they have a some bundle packs (RR + PSP) in stock.

Matt

Matt Simis wrote:
    Also look at Play-Asia, they have a some bundle packs (RR + PSP) in stock.
    Matt
    thats stil around 420 euro not including the customs which is around 25 for every hundred so can the psp really be worth half a grand i do not think so buy a ds its alot cheaper and u can play movies on it too
    Brock

To each his own. Personally while I wasn't a fan of the PSP when it was announced, after seeing reviews and footage of the games I have to admit it's looking very very nice.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 807 ✭✭✭ViperVenoM

oh ffs i didnt think it was gonna be that expensive! :(

just pick up a ds man u could get it all with a game and if u want video and music get the flash card reader all on lik-sang all this would be under 300 including delievery and customs
    Brock

noooooooooooooo

i dont like the looks of the DS ive never been a fan of nintendo..i must have a PSP!!! :o

where from..feck knows though

u poor man sony have already buttered u up with shiny things sadly al our knowledge is wasted lets hope somebody else reads this b4 making a mistake
    Brock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

Brock wrote:
    u poor man sony have already buttered u up with shiny things sadly al our knowledge is wasted lets hope somebody else reads this b4 making a mistake
    Brock

Do you work for Nintendo or something? I own a DS, it is in no way a movie player, even with the necessary add-ons it would barely be adequate. If he said he was looking for innovative games you could recommend the DS to him, but it seems from what he wants the PSP is an ideal purchase.

To the original poster, I recommend you wait, the price is only meant to be circa 150 euros and the shops are just charging extortionate prices at the moment because demand is so high. I'd expect it to drop pretty quickly.

• Advertisement

ah feck..guess ill wait then :rolleyes:

and will someone please tell me why i want a DS..if i want to watch a movie ill watch it on a tv not a 3" screen or whatever the hell a DS is...i cant stand mario or zelda..or pretty much any nintendo game either so...no ill just wait :(

Brock wrote:

Dear fanboy,

Please go away and come back when you're used both. Until then I'm going to assume you're a Nintendo fanboy and/or employee.

Kthxbye

dear koneko
    my brother recently brought a psp back from japan i actually aint a fanboy i hate the gamecube i am just facing facts the psp is overpriced for what u get so please stop assumin u know people and face up to it the psp aint all its cracked up to be then boards will be a nicer place
    as for video player i hate watching things on mini screens but least on a ds u could watch all of a lord of the rings movie :D
    Brock

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

Brock wrote:
    dear koneko
    my brother recently brought a psp back from japan i actually aint a fanboy i hate the gamecube i am just facing facts the psp is overpriced for what u get so please stop assumin u know people and face up to it the psp aint all its cracked up to be then boards will be a nicer place
    as for video player i hate watching things on mini screens but least on a ds u could watch all of a lord of the rings movie :D
    Brock

do you just make this crap up?
    You realise movies will be released on psp on disc, as mini dvds, and that you can play movies off memory stick already. I have watched kill bill, and the matrix on my psp playing off the memory stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Brock wrote:
    dear koneko
    Brock

I prefer the DS to the PSP from what I have seen and read but you sir come across as a right fanboy.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Dear Brock,
    Please learn to use a full keyboard. Text speak is really annoying.
    Kirby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

The PSP is not overpriced for what you get. The shops are overcharging. The price Sony set for the PSP is only $20-30 more than the DS, for something that probably costs three times as much to produce.
    The current 'price' is purely a result of demand. Importers are charging that much because people are willing to pay that much. People are willing to pay that much because its a very desirable product in short supply. Just wait and buy it for it's real price.

Tusky wrote:
    I prefer the DS to the PSP from what I have seen and read but you sir come across as a right fanboy.

To all sorry if i do, but i really aint the first nintendo console i owned was a gamecube so i cant earn fanboy status i am just comparin the two machines and stevie what u said bout waiting until the PSP is sellin at real price is exactly what i intend to do i just think around 450 with tax is a bit steep
    Brock

We get your point, you hate the PSP with a passion.
    Now we all know that, you can stop posting it, k?

Oh, and it's "isn't" not "ain't", and try using commas and breaking your posts up into sentences.

I've bitten the bullet (well, my other half has) and am getting a PSP (sans tax), with Ridge Racer.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

Brock wrote:
    snip PSP is sellin at real price is exactly what i intend to do i just think around 450 with tax is a bit steep
    Brock

Thats $450.... youve seen how weak the US Dollar is recently right?

Matt

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

koneko wrote:
    We get your point, you hate the PSP with a passion.
    Now we all know that, you can stop posting it, k?

Oh, and it's "isn't" not "ain't", and try using commas and breaking your posts up into sentences.

I've bitten the bullet (well, my other half has) and am getting a PSP (sans tax), with Ridge Racer.

Koneko has a husband :D lol

Technically, no, but for all intents and purposes.
    On topic, you!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,682 ✭✭✭LookingFor

Just for those discussing DS's media playback capabilities, Nintendo is releasing their own media player in Japan in Feb for the GBA and DS that has a dedicated media processor which should provide decent quality. It'll play MP3 and MPEG4 video, and will accept SD cards (which, as a bonus, are much cheaper than the memory sticks that the PSP takes).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 HansBlix

I'm a Irish guy living in Japan and could in theory buy and FedEx a PSP to someone interested in Ireland. Would be looking for about 350 yoyos plus delivery. Anyone interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

HansBlix wrote:
    I'm a Irish guy living in Japan and could in theory buy and FedEx a PSP to someone interested in Ireland. Would be looking for about 350 yoyos plus delivery. Anyone interested?

no.

Advertisement