Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Kids 80's Film

• 30-12-2004 2:20am
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Hey all,

Am hoping someone will be able to help me with a question I have. I'm trying to remember the name of a childrens film I saw when I was a kid. It would of been about the mid 80's maybe early 90's and it consisted of a kid being able to go through a mirror into a different world. I can remeber them looking like cabbage patch dolls in the world through the mirror.

Hope some one can help me. :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

Sounds like one scarey-ass film.
    Wasn't Time Bandits or something was it?

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭nessa

Ya does sound weird but it was a kids film kinda like the princess bride or something, was like a fantasy and the kids were young in it. It's driving me mad cos I can't remember the name of it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

yes ive seen it, cant remember the title though, was it labyrinth or dark crystal by any chance ?

No wasn't any of those, the kids use to jump through the mirror into this fun land.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Sounds like the Hugga Bunch movie URL=http://www.eonline.com/Facts/Movies/0,60,8265,00.html]link[/URL:
    Plot Details: This opinion reveals major details about the movie's plot

I remember seeing this movie when I was little..in fact, I think it's in my vcr cabinet somewhere. Maybe I'll go look for it later. Anyway, Hugga Bunch is an adorable story for young kids - it's really sweet.

Basically, this movie revolves around a family. The grandmother and granddaughter are extremely close. They're always hugging, because hugs seem to solve everything for them. The little girl finds out that her grandma is moving away, into an old age home I believe. The little girl (I'm sorry I can't seem to recall her name) gets very upset and goes to her room.

The girl then hears noises coming from her bedroom closet mirror, and these adorable Huggabunches puppets come out of her closet. They decide to help the girl, and take her to HugginLand, where the puppets live. The puppets believe that the only way to prevent her grandma from leaving home is to make her young again. After singing some cute songs that are catchy for younger kids, they go and talk to the all knowing all seing bookworm. Yes, thats a worm puppet, in a field of big, larger than life books. The worm says that the girl must go to the evil witch's castle and take some of the special tomato like fruits back to her grandma - that is what has kept the witch so young --but don't let them touch the floor, or the fruits will disappear. It's a long journey, with perils and choices that they must all make along the way. These young puppets and the child must face some of their fears, and learn from each other in the process.

This is a great movie for young kids because it teaches them about their love for family members. It's also just a sweet story of how the simple act of hugging can brighten a person's day.

• Advertisement

Ixoy, you're a star. That's it. It was driving me mad not knowing the name. loved that film when I was a kid.

Advertisement