Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Westport 07:10 train cancelled 2004-12-30

• 30-12-2004 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Arrived at the station at 07:05 for the 07:10 to Heuston. Trouble with the locomotive; they said they would let us know what was what in 20 minutes. At 07:55 they told us that the train was cancelled, and that in 25 minutes a bus would come (I suppose from Castlebar) to take us to Athlone via Roscommon.

I came home; I'll take the 13:05, since I don't fancy hitting all the morning traffic in a bus.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

That sucks, hope the troubles fixed for your lunchtime train.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

Well, it'll be a different train in at lunchtime. And the sales are open till 21:00 tonight. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I presume you've other reasons to be in Dublin (New Years Eve et all) but that's hardcore shopping ;) up from Westport for the sales!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭threebeards

Yoda, have you ever flown from Knock with Aer Arann? It's the best service to dublin from the west at the moment imo. Not that much more expensive either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭Yoda

New Year's Eve in Dublin? Heaven forfend. Been there. Done that. Actually I'm staying the night at a friend's who is then coming anoir with me tomorrow to celebrate New Year's with us.

Yes, it is hardcore shopping. Arnott's and Kilkenny have a good selection of SP Shanagarry ware....

Threebeards: I flew from Knock once, all right, to see how it is. It's a bit of a trek to Knock itself (and a trek back for the partner who's driving), and then there's the pleasure of getting from Dublin Airport into town. Not an option for this kind of venture. The train is ever so much more convenient and comfortable (modulo this morning's cancellation).

I do wish CIÉ would install laptop powerpoints though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement