Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Paganism in Kuwait

Options
  • 30-12-2004 10:47am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭

I'm living in kuwait and wondering where is the best place to find out about pagan groups in kuwait.

Any info would be aprreciated, as I'm going mad not being able to drink and just breathing in dust and toxic fumes from the oil refineries.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Tried witchvox?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Okay, there's nowt on Witchvox. Only thing I can think of is perhaps some people might be stationed there with the US Military.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

Talliesin wrote:
    Okay, there's nowt on Witchvox. Only thing I can think of is perhaps some people might be stationed there with the US Military.

Thanks, With nothing but desert in this part of the world, I can understand where they got the concept for just one god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

It may be hard to find other wiccans over there as it is, but it could be worth your while talking with the liaison people. Those who volunteer to help new people settle in or those how work for American companies over there. They may know people. That does not mean you and they will get on.

The region is very old and there is a lot more then Christian, do some research on what other civilities where in the area and have a look in the museums.
    It could be a great opportunity to get in touch with the older gods that were worshiped in that area.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 492 ✭✭rcunning03

pre history in kuwait seems to be the 1960's, there's no nature, just desert everywhere, I can understand how the concept for just one god was formulated in this region of the world, cause there is nothing else except desert, why we in europe with rivers, mountains, forests etc accepted the concept of one god, I'll never understand.

I will definately try and find out about the old religions here, but Kuwait is not a free country, so I'm not sure what info would be available

Thanks anyway

• Advertisement
Advertisement