Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

BMW 318Ci coupe or Mitsubishi Pajero SWB Jeep?

Options
  • 30-12-2004 12:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭

Am changing my car in the new year and am trying to decide between either a 02 BMW 318Ci Coupe or 02 Pajero jeep commercial. If anyone owns either of these machines can u let me know the pro's and cons of owning same. Cheers.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,500 ✭✭✭Mercury_Tilt

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

merc wrote:
    my brother bought a pajero SWB a few years back and sold it after a few months
    merc wrote:
    He now drives a BMW 3 series

LOL indeed don't buy a 4WD unless you need a 4WD (farm, off road, load, towing, not school run). Because you are choosing between the Pajero and the 318i, I presume you don't need the 4WD, so don't get it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Gmodified

pajero is good for towing, mpg is brutal and jeep doesn't make sense in town

• Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Gmodified wrote:
    mpg is brutal

I was cruising on the M50 a bit after midnight today @75mph - testing the new speed limit ;) - when I was overtaken by a Landcruiser (long version) doing I guess a bit over 100mph. Couldn't make out if it was diesel or petrol. If it was the latter, it was probably doing about 3mpg :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,849 ✭✭✭CrowdedHouse

Drove a Pajero in work for a while..agree with the others...diesel guzzler about 25 mpg....shopping trolley handling on road,sea sickness from rolling !
    Excellent off road though..go anywhere..would pull a house down !

Looked at the 3 series earlier this year.thought they were a bit cramped.and I'm not tall or heavy...drove a 318Ci and saloon didn't find anything spectacular about them......ended up buying an A4

Seven Worlds will Collide

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,501 ✭✭✭Alfasudcrazy

Well I drove Pajero jeeps when I was working for the UN in Cyprus (one year & 3 months) and I can tell you that they drink diesel :( and eat tyres for breakfast. Note replacement tyres for these vehicles are very expensive. :mad: Also dangeroud to drive fast. :eek:
    I bought a new BMW 318iS Coupe in 1998. (140bph) I had it for 3 years and loved it. :D It averaged 35 - 38 mpg :p and nothing ever went wrong with it :) other than a few blown bulbs (outside and in the dash) :cool:

Go for the BMW it will save a lot. Beware though that they are difficult to sell privately outside Dublin - very limited market - esp if your car is fairly new. :o

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

With increasing opposition to 4x4 vehicles from the general population it may not be the wisest investment.

Advertisement