Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3Com OfficeConnect with IOLBB

• 30-12-2004 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Has anyone set up a wireless network with a 3Com OfficeConnect Wireless 11g router?

I just purchased a 3Com OfficeConnect wireless router to network three computers at home. I can get broadband access on both USB and ethernet connections. I am using 2 RJ45 TP cables and have tried both cables with the Zyzel router and they work fine.

When I connect the 3Com router to the Zyxel router I get all the right lights on both routers (although the 10/100M light on the Zyxel router in orange not green) but I cannot get a broadband connection via the 3Com router.

Has anyone got any suggestions?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,518 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Have you powered cycled the modem and router when hooking them up?
    I have ntl bb (I know, completely different) and I know its modem notes the MAC address of the device (PC or router) that is connected to it. You cannot change device without a power cycle.
    So, you would have to power up the modem, then connect and power up the router and then connect your machines to the router and renew your IP address ("ipconfig /renew" in Windows).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 49 trunks

I have office connect working for the last 6 months works fine

had some disconnection problems at the start upgraded the firmware
    and have no problems since ...

well except a bit of pack lag there is interlacing on the nat that cannot be turned off for some reson?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 click69

Thanks for your help guys. I have downloaded the latest software for both the 3Com and the Zyxel routers. I have 'wiped' both routers and started again and changed the DHCP to off on the modem, but nothing. The issue is between the 3Com and the Zyxel as the 10/100M light shows orange when they are connected and shows green when it is connected directly into my computer.

I have run out of ideas, am I missing something obvious?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

As far as I know, all that the orange 10/100 light on a zyxel means is that its connected at 10mbps rather than 100mbps.

Advertisement