Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

question: us gameboy advance games work here?

Options
  • 30-12-2004 1:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,740 ✭✭✭

I know there is a problem with ps2 etc , but i read somewhere that us gameboy advance games will still work here...

anyone know for sure?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Yeah. They'll work just fine.

The only place you might have a problem is if you are playing the game over link up. My Japanese Mario Kart won't link up with an EU one for multiplayer. But there is a good chance a US one might fair better.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,065 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

yankinlk wrote:
    I know there is a problem with ps2 etc , but i read somewhere that us gameboy advance games will still work here...

anyone know for sure?

Gameboys are multy regional. All my gameboy games are American and my gameboy is EU.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,865 ✭✭✭Syth

There's only one region for Game Boy games, always has been. It's great. Hope the DS is similar.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Syth wrote:
    Hope the DS is similar.

Yeah the DS games will work whereever you buy them.
    Good job too cos god only knows when it will arrive on these shores. :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Its also far cheaper to get the games from america.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

And a lot of them come out first in America. I imported my copy of Metroid Zero Mission when I found out there was a 2 month gap between the American and European releases. Am contemplating importing Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories and Astro Boy: Omega Factor now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

yeah i've got an american GBA SP and it works fine with european games.
    And when is astro boy coming out over here? I've been waiting for that for bloody ages!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

According to Play.com it's out on the 11th of February. I really want this, and I"m not a patient gamer...

Advertisement