Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Heat

• 30-12-2004 5:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭

Watched it on RTE2 last night even though I'd seen it at the cinema in '95 when it was first released, and probably at least once more since then. Excellent movie I must say,I'd forgotten how good it was.
    Surely one of the greatest crime movies of all time.
    I'm surprised there hasn't been a special edition DVD release of it.
    Maybe in the New Year, since it will be the tenth anniversary.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

I watched that a few weeks back, I t seemed good on the back of the dvd case, but that film just went on and on.. Lost interest half way through. I wouldn't recommend it as a must see. Dissapointing for me.

4/10

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I love it, great film t'is.
    I loved Pacino's portrayal of the cop, and I'm gonna have to agree with Lukin in that it's one of the greatest crime movies of all time. I'd love to see a special edition!
    MUST SEE!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

I loved the way it used various locations in Los Angeles.
    The director, Michael Mann also directed Collateral, (out a few months ago) and he used L.A. very well in that movie too.
    The only flaw I can find in Heat is Pacino's tendency to over-act a times but I suppose he gets away with it,he is Pacino after all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

yeah.. i didn't like collateral as well, same reasons. went on and on.. just dont like that style of movie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

I loved Heat, one of my favourite movies.

I'm a huge fan of practically all the actors in it: Al Pacino, Robert DeNiro and Val Kilmer are three of my favourite actors.

Collateral was very good aswell. I liked the kinda low budget feel it had to it (like the handheld cameras and the like, even though it obviously cost MILLIONS to get Tom Cruise).

Heat was just very clever and the ending was just brilliant.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,067 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Shrimp wrote:
    yeah.. i didn't like collateral as well, same reasons. went on and on.. just dont like that style of movie

So what your saying is you dont like long movies ? hmm Collateral has a running time of 119 mins which is less then two hours. Maybe stick to The Fast and the Furious in future? nice and short :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 930 ✭✭✭-oRnein9-

It is a fairly good film but take away Pacino and DiNiro and it might seem mediocare, and I thought it was goin to end about an hour before it did it just kept draggin on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭lukin

Interesting to see Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer from "24") in a small role. He played a crook on parole who drove the van for the bank raid.
    Ended up getting killed if I remember correctly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

lukin wrote:
    Interesting to see Dennis Haysbert (President Palmer from "24") in a small role. He played a crook on parole who drove the van for the bank raid.
    Ended up getting killed if I remember correctly.
    Indeed he did get killed. There was another guy from 24 in it as well actually, Xander Berkeley who played George Mason in 24 and Ralph in Heat(the guy having an affair with Pacino's wife).
    Hank Azaria was also in it as the guy having an affair with Kilmer's wife, and he does a load of voices in The Simpsons.

On a seperate note, I really loved Collateral as well. I really like Michael Mann's films!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

have to admit,,, i've tried watching this film a few times but it never gets any better

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,715 ✭✭✭Gryzor

must've watched Heat a dozen times over the years....brilliant movie

can never resist lashing up the volume for the street shootout scene....excellent stuff.. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,522 ✭✭✭Dr. Loon

-oRnein9- wrote:
    It is a fairly good film but take away Pacino and DiNiro and it might seem mediocare,

Bit of a non point really. Take Brando or Pacino out of The Godfather. Would it be the same? Take Pacino out of Scent Of A Woman. Take Nicholson out of The Shining or Batman. The whole point of a good film, is well cast actors portraying their characters in a realistic manner. Take Clint Eastwood out of the Spaghetti westerns or Dirty Harry series and they'd be crap.

Advertisement