Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

will i be able to exchange?

Options
  • 30-12-2004 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭

thought this might be worth asking on here as a few people work in games shops.

got a gift of a game im not really likely to play for the xbox over christmas. its still sealed in the plastic. i havent a notion where it was got and am not going to ask the giver for reciept etc. how likely is it i can get it exchanged in hmv or gamestop or somewhere for another game?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

skywalker wrote:
    thought this might be worth asking on here as a few people work in games shops.

got a gift of a game im not really likely to play for the xbox over christmas. its still sealed in the plastic. i havent a notion where it was got and am not going to ask the giver for reciept etc. how likely is it i can get it exchanged in hmv or gamestop or somewhere for another game?

well its more likely thAT they would exchange it in smyths

By the way what game is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Well.. If you went in and said someone got you it here, but got the wrong one.. and you didn't even open it, there's a good chance you'll get a refund.. they dont always demand a receipt. maybe have a lil look around the shop before you got o the counter, to see if they actauly stock that game! ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Without a receipt, you almost certainly won't get a refund. Possibly an exchange at current scan price, but I couldn't guarantee anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,042 ✭✭✭✭tk123

If it has a little "price tag" sticker on the back with a code on it they got it in gamestop...I exchanged a game there no probs today...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭skywalker

theres absolutely no identifying stickers or anything on it and it is sealed. as stated im not looking for a refund, only an exchange.

thanks folks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,030 ✭✭✭smiaras

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,189 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

look around the shops and see which one has it for the most expensive and try there first ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ispini tapaidh

I just exchanged OutRun2 for Pro Evo 4 (plus 30 Euros) in GAME. I had 2 copies of it, both of which I know were bought in GAME, but no receipt, and the copy I was giving in was still in it's shrink wrap. They made a bit of a song and dance about it, initially saying I could only get the trade-in price of a tenner, but gave in eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Out of curiosity, which branch?

Advertisement