Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this a hunk of Junk?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13 Geoffw

byrnenj wrote:
    Saw this on eBay! Not a bad price. 150mm apature but short focal length!
    It does seem a bit of a "to good to be true" price. My feeling would be to look for a bargain with a proven maker's name, and be suspicious of someone who does not even tell you the manufacturer

Geoff

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,486 ✭✭✭Redshift

Geoffw wrote:
    It does seem a bit of a "to good to be true" price. My feeling would be to look for a bargain with a proven maker's name, and be suspicious of someone who does not even tell you the manufacturer

Geoff

Agreed, The pictures of the eyepieces and moonchart look identical to the rubbish that comes from Tasco.
    Steer clear IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,001 ✭✭✭✭Flukey

My brother-in-law's brother got a telescope in recent months. I have not seen it yet myself. It is a big one by what I have been told. Apparently it was bought for him from some guy in the Leixlip area who does them really cheap, though of a good quality. My brother-in-law didn't have the name of the guy, but he is going to try and find out for me. Does anyone here think they know of him?

Advertisement