Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Game of 2004

Options
  • 30-12-2004 11:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 861 ✭✭✭yawnstretch

Hl2

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Metroid Prime 2 Echoes.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

For me:

1. HL2
    2. GTA San Andreas
    3. Burnout 3

• Registered Users Posts: 4,008 ✭✭✭rabbitinlights

1. HL2

2. San Andreas

3. Far cry

Sean

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1) Halo 2
    2) Thief: DS
    3) Fire Emblem

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,578 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

• Registered Users Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Pointless thread.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 14,080 Mod ✭✭✭✭monument

Vote on it, and lots more, here...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Because there's a poll in Game Awards already, presumably.

Best games for me personally are HL2, Rome Total War, Dawn of War, Vampire Bloodlines (despite the bugs I really enjoyed it), Chronicles of Riddick.

I still haven't had a proper chance to sit down and play MP2 Echoes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭doshin

GOTY = Disgaea: Hour of Darkness
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Far Cry for me tbh
    MP2:E was good... and will possibly be better on the second playthrough (MP1 got better each time through it) but it just didn't grab me by the balls in the way that some levels of Far Cry did.

Pikmin 2 deserves honourable mentions
    as does Dawn of War and UT2004

Half-life 2 bores me tbh. not sure if i'll even get round to finishing it once i get my gfx card back

(get voting, people!)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Just finished Farcry recently and have to say not as impressed as you tman. It was great fighting human enemies but the trigens were ridiculous especially the fat boys. They reminded me of Quake 2 and I hate Quake 2. The AI speech was brilliantly cheesey. 'I'm going to shoot you in the face!' and straight from duke nukem 'suck it down!'. Almost as bad as some jap R|PGs

For me it was Metroid Prime 2 followed by Gradius V.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭Kristok

The poll is too restrictive the thread is better as you can name your own fav game.

Personally id have to say outrun 2 just cause i got so sucked into getting great at it which has not happened to me in years. Halo 2 was a bit of a let down and san andreas is great but not radically different from vice city just bigger.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

Half life 2, definitely. Ive only been playing fable since christmas but already im hooked, its absolute class. Doom 3, despite all the people ragging on it *eyes koneko shiftily* i thought was class, another highlight of 2004. I dont think i bought one GC game all this year :( Really must try MP2.
    Far cry rocked but it thought it was too long, i was bored of it in the end.

Pfff, Doom 3 was just the same stupid thing over and over again. Just because the graphics were good doesn't make it a good game :p

Dark room, pick up health pack, ohnoe badguy, shoot in the head, repeat pattern. It was also too dark to see if the graphics actually were any good or not.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,918 ✭✭✭Deadwing

koneko wrote:
    Pfff, Doom 3 was just the same stupid thing over and over again. Just because the graphics were good doesn't make it a good game :p

Dark room, pick up health pack, ohnoe badguy, shoot in the head, repeat pattern. It was also too dark to see if the graphics actually were any good or not.

Your problem is you have no idea whats cool :p

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

half life 2
    killzone
    gta

This review/story really sums up the Doom 3 experience:

http://www.quartertothree.com/inhouse/columns/86/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Kristok wrote:
    The poll is too restrictive the thread is better as you can name your own fav game.
    its like nobody even bothers listening to me :(

• Advertisement

Sigh...

There WAS a thread where you could name your games. Then they turned the ones PEOPLE MENTIONED into a poll. You're too late to whine about "i wish blah blah was in the list". You had your chance.

That ok, Tman?;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

We have a sub forum for this kind of thing.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement