Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Kyuss or Queens?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

John2 wrote:
    When we saw QOTSA the first time, my girlfriend said afterwards "Finally, an excuse not to kill your ginger babies" :D

:):):):):):):):):):)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Doctor J wrote:
    There's a Kyuss/QOTSA split CD I picked up back in the day, which is worth it just for a Kyuss cover of Into The Void.

I haven't got that cd but I've got that song. Classy bit of work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 i against i

woo first post ever on a boards thingy, but yeah
    i love both bands, theyre unique to the modern rock scene, theyre, just out there
    but i think choosing a favorite really comes down to two things
    what youve smoked and how much youve smoked
    both bands are stoner rock at their finest

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 i against i

i got and the circus leaves town recently

is the bass suppose to sound really fuzzy? it sounds like my bass when i was playin it on a guitar amp

word for the wise, dont play a bass in a non bass amp, especially if you really like that non bass amp
    but if your all into pyromania, fire away
    that fuzz however is a bass pedal, quite possibly a fuzz pedal, you should invest in one instead of a new guitar amp, theyre quite nifty ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭Googe

Doctor J, I've got that split qotsa/kyuss cd and I agree about Born To Hula it's my second favourite queens song (the first being "infinity") and Kyuss Fatso Forgotso is a class song aswell.

To "I against I": I don't think that Queens are stoner, maybe their first album could be called stoner but definately not rated R or SFTD.

I heard a song called Little Sister off the Queens new album and it's pretty different then their stuff thusfar, good though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,461 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wow, dragging this one up from nowhere!

Anyway, I cant really pick between the two. Like a few others here, it was QOTSA that got me into Kyuss. And wow, am i happy about this. Im a massive fan of any Josh Homme/Nick Oliveri work, so a few months ago, I got ...and the circus leaves town, listened to it a bit and thought it was ok. The other day, I got Blues for the Red Sun. And im hooked so much. Its unreal. Quickly becoming a favourite band of mine. amazing stuff on this album and am hoping i might get a few more cd's now soon enough. Got the BFTRS for €7:D, a steal by now.

But as said, I cant pick between them and QOTSA. QOTSA started with No One Knows kinda, but then Little Sister and its all just evolved from there

Advertisement