Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

what's you favourite chocolate compliment?

• 31-12-2004 3:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

i don't know about you but i love to mix chocolate with savory foods, paticulary popcorn or cheese and onion crisps.Oh and there's nothing like when you still have the chocolate taste in your mouth and you eat a ham sandwich.mmm

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

Cuppa Tea and a Crunchie!
    Maltesers & popcorn! (Cinema fave :D)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

since the bannage on butter in the cinema(GRRRR the BITTERNESS) ive found those nachos taste great with chocolate,, popcorn and mnms always good, i also love a bar of chocolate after a chinese

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

kit kat and popcorn or kit kat and tayto.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EADCYCLO

Chocolate & Beer = can't be betten..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Has to be a packet of cheese and onion tayto!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭catho_monster

chocolate cake and lemongrass tea = bestest ever

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Dear Lord, I thought I was the only oddball!

From a very young age, I've loved chocolate and fried sausages! (Don't want to go too off topic, but does anyone here remember Donnelly's sausages?)

I'm in agreement with Trotter, as crisps are a whole lot more reasonable. This also comes from a very young age when my uncle used to come to our house on a Sunday evening and on the way, he would buy us each a packet of crisps and a bar of chocolate in a pub. These were always brought to us in a brown paper bag. Of course our memories can sometimes wear rose coloured glasses, but the pub crisps always tasted better! The contrast in taste was always so compelling and has stayed with me to this day.

I've only just discovered this forum, having been on the soccer board for a whole.
    The idea of a forum dedicated to choccie is just wonderful!!!

Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

DamoRed wrote:
    I've only just discovered this forum, having been on the soccer board for a whole.
    The idea of a forum dedicated to choccie is just wonderful!!!

Damo

Well, I'm glad to hear that, and as Mod of this forum I'd like to welcome you to this world of chocolate, crisps, and sweets.

Anyway, I love crisps with chocolate, or if I'm really drunk, chips seem to go well with choccie.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

Thanks for the welcome, Memphis.

To be honest, with regard to my posting about the choccie and sausages, I was half expecting to come here and see a contact number for a counsellor in my private message box. You're all very understanding!

Choccie and chips...

hmmmmmmmmmmmmm...

Ideas...

Possibilites...

Damo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

My favourite chocolate compliment?

"My, what a lovely pair of Terry's Chocolate Oranges you have."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

"My, what a lovely pair of Terry's Chocolate Oranges you have."

Sweet! :D

Sweet! :D
    No, its Chocolate actually.... LOL

• Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

A snifter of kirsch

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Cheese and onion hunky doreys and any dairy milk chocolate. Onion rings, milk and chocolate...Popcorn and malteasers......Im weird in that some crisps and choc require different drinks.....e.g. Tayto cheese and onion can only be eaten with coke. Also..i am unable to eat crisps without chocolate or chocolate without crisps.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,429 ✭✭✭brettmirl

King Cheese & Onion and and Aero...YUMMY

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,323 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

The only thing I ever want with my chocolate is a glass of ice cold milk

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

drinking tea through chocolate, such as chocolate fingers/ace-bars/twix is great, oh and kings crisps and chocolate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 169 ✭✭Gossip_girl

Popcorn with chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a bowl. Dip your hand in the chocolate and then in the popcorn. Proceed to lick the whole sticky mess off your fingers. Lovely.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

You filthy, filthy girl.

Popcorn with chocolate. Melt the chocolate in a bowl. Dip your hand in the chocolate and then in the popcorn. Proceed to lick the whole sticky mess off your fingers. Lovely.
    How gross.... what a messy little girl!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Just simply coke or coffee, maybe that's cos I'm a caffeine addict :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

oooh, yorkee and coffee.

Right before supervised study....keeps me going for hours!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Chocolate and more chocolate :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

them chocolate mallow cakes are nice or snowballs, little ones with a nice cup of tea

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,619 ✭✭✭Fast_Mover

Chocolate and more chocolate
    you got there before me!!!!
    maltesers and popcorn
    yum! all i need now is a gud movie! (anyone know any?)

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 5,555 ✭✭✭tSubh Dearg

I love a glass of milk of a cup of tea with my chocolate.
    But I also think that salt and chocolate go well together...I used to be totally addicted to chose chocolate covered pretzles...what happened to those? can you still get them? I have a sudden craving

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

A nice cold glass of fresh milk

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,581 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

how could i forget double deckers they are soooo nice, and to a lesser extent double decker nuts

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36,634 ✭✭✭✭Ruu_Old

nestle had those chocolate covered pretzels also in white chocolate (which i hated) i dont know they seem to have vanished off the face of the earth :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

zaph wrote:
    The only thing I ever want with my chocolate is a glass of ice cold milk

w00t! I'm not the only boring one! I like dipping twix and kit kats into coffee but ice cold milk is the best - especially if the choclate is cold too. Icecream is good too. Someone was telling me she slices banannas (skin on I think), puts choclate in the middle, wraps them in tinfoil then heats them in the oven and puts icecream over them. Must try that sometime.

I can't stand popcorn/crisps with choclate! I have to cleanse my palatte with a big drink of coke if I'm switching between the two. :)

Everybody's forgetting choclate and rice crispies :eek:

Advertisement