Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tsunami Disaster Relief

Options
  • 31-12-2004 3:24am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭

This post has been deleted.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,258 ✭✭✭✭Rabies

Good idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,991 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Those links are broken for me.

Coming up in the form http://"http//www.dec.org.uk/ etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Over Christmas ecksor has been around. But thats all...as far as I can tell.

I pm-ed Dev about an all boards sticky...

Mike.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

Thanks daveirl - great idea, added Trocaire to announcement.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I have posted this elsewhere, maybe it should be added to the list as well

http://www.ifrc.org/helpnow/index.asp

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Good man Cloud. :)

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,560 ✭✭✭Woden

apologies if this has been cleared up already but the irish red cross mentioned on the news that all there donations go to charity (something to do with being backed by the defense force) while i believe other charities end up with some of the money being tied up in administration. can anyone tell me if this is true.

i.e. would it be effectively better to donate to the red cross than others?

cheers

data

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Which of these are "registered charities"? A priest was on the radio talking about tax relief if you give €250 to a "registered charity", and I'm wondering which they are.

I'd prefer to give to Medecins Sans Frontieres, if poss.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

luckat wrote:

I'd prefer to give to Medecins Sans Frontieres, if poss.

Not registered here I'm afraid.

Also, I think the tax relief is on regular donations, rather than one-offs. The Irish Red Cross site has two donation links, the one mentioned in the first post (and my sig) and their regular donations link.

If the tax relief is a concern for people, it might be worth a phone call to the relevant charity to see what works best for them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,192 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Dataisgod wrote:
    apologies if this has been cleared up already but the irish red cross mentioned on the news that all there donations go to charity (something to do with being backed by the defense force) while i believe other charities end up with some of the money being tied up in administration. can anyone tell me if this is true.

i.e. would it be effectively better to donate to the red cross than others?

cheers

data

I believe it is better as the administration costs are paid for by the goverment

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Thanks, Reckless. I think I'll write to Medecins Sans Frontieres and ask them if they can register here - but maybe it's not worth their while.

Advertisement