Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

god damn goths!

• 17-04-2001 4:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭

I'm a very open minded person, I give everyone a fair chance but I can't stand the sight of Goths! They are f ucking idiots!

My brother is into a few Guns and Roses songs, and plays a bit of Sweet Child of Mine on his guitar. But for some reason the idiot dresses up like a Goth !!!!!!!

Last sunday, I went down to have the usual Sunday family meal when I noticed my brother was wearing black nail varnish and eye shadow. After 10 minutes laughing at him and my brother and myself calling him a puff I went upstairs and wrote "I am a gay fag" on his mirror with some of his makeup, and then thrashed his hair dye etc.

What the hell is it with these people? They are all a stupid as a donkey with a sheeps head up its **** . I mean, they dress like that to be the center of attention? To seem mysterious, dark evil and somewhat cool. Its like they have a statement to make like dressing up like a f ucking idiot?

I have absolutly no time for Goths - and I regard them as a lower class of live, just as I could class a vampire I suppose. If I ever employed someone and I found out they where a goth they would be fired on the spot. Of course I would make up some other excuse so I could't be sued, but they would be gone.

Worst of all are Goths who think they can change the world, esp them and vegie Goths! Its like having a party in a goths house. They don't let you eat, drink beer or maybe partake in a bit of smoke?

In fairness tho, they provide us with endless amounts of fun. Its great when these freaks come one Sally Jesse Jones, Jerry Springer or any other of those american shat (yes shat) shows. But yet they still think they look cool and think they are trying to make a statement.

And heres another honest statement from me, if it was late at night, with no one around, and I was driving along a road, and there was a Goth crossing it. I wouldn't slow down yet alone stop.

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 17-04-2001).]

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 4,499 Mod ✭✭✭✭Blade

I'm very open minded too Bubbles and I don't like to generalise or mean to sound in any way xenophobic but...

I have to agree with you, their a bunch of f*cked up newage weirdos who probably don't let people drink or smoke at their parties for some far out do-goody reason of theirs. I can see them sitting around their parties drinking tea and complaining about minorities like travellers for example, 'Oh god, thats sooo sad man, thats so unfair dude!'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Knacker

The best thing ever constructed in Dublin was the fukking gates up around the central bank that stopped the thousand or so goths that used to sit there with needles in their arms half the day. ure right bubbles, they are pathetic. Such a sure sign of insecurity, walking around attention seeking like that.

The travelling community regards goths as trash. If a goth walked past me as I was robbing someone, I would rob them instead. THATS what I think of Goths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭Zero

Goths are a bunch of attention-seeking weirdo junkies. They are worse than knackers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Lol, knacker is a charecter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭cueball

ROFL couldnt agree more, few years back there was a guy in my school whom on non-uniform day came in with lipstick make up, fishnet tights BIG BIG boots, Open velvit shirt with some mad tattoo on his chest! AND he wondered why he was sent home, im not even gonna tell you how he dressed for the rock mime!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

LOL knacker is class smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Knacker

jwan fite bout it?
    hey-or tommy...TOMMY! get de bize, i tink a few peeple here want sortin out.

anyone want some rugs, fine rugs, just ripped outta someones house not yesterday or de day before....

KnacKer, who wasnt born wit de dark shkin, just hasnt de spare water ta wash wit. (we uses it all to wash de van)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

"And heres another honest statement from me, if it was late at night, with no one around, and I was driving along a road, and there was a Goth crossing it. I wouldn't slow down yet alone stop."

You guys scare me.
    Really.

Why do you so vehemently hate goths?
    so they are a bit ridiculous, so what?
    why do they offend you so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

I think they're going a bit OTT on purpose - I don't think Bubbles actually want's to run anyone down.

Ease up lads. Sure, they're wasters and look stupid but leave 'em alone.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

oh god what hav i started!!! eek.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

I think Bubbles is just upset because his brother stole his makeup.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭androphobic

I would comment here but I mean I'm already a lesbian-new-age-hippy-feminist type. If I added goth-lover, it'd be too long!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

LOL andro!

You 'goth-haters' need to get a life, especially bubbles, you homophobic loser

Jesus christ, people are taking this serious?
    Andro kindly cop on, neuro has been called names many times and she doesnt do the same as you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,265 ✭✭✭MiCr0

on a goth topic
    have a look here for all things goth'ich

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Megatron

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by androphobic:
    I would comment here but I mean I'm already a lesbian-new-age-hippy-feminist type. If I added goth-lover, it'd be too long!</font>
    IF it gets too long the muppets won't be bothered to type it ...
    then again it's not as if they have anything better to do !!! biggrin.gif

No !!!!! I will crush you with my Bare hands

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

Give them a break. There just teenage kids having an idenity crisis so they try and push themsleves as far away from whats considered to be the norm. So what. They grow out of it.

Bubbles laughing at your brother and trashing his stuff is only reinforcing his reasons for what he is doing. Ignore him. Don't react to the silly costume.

If we did'nt react to goths they would'nt bother being goths. There looking for a reaction. Don't give it to them. Just treat thim as you would anybody else and they'll get ****ed off.

Bubbles if worst comes to worst with your brother give me a ring and I'll roll your him up in a carpet and throw him off a bridge. tongue.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 932 ✭✭✭yossarin

http://www.amigothornot.com/
    smile.gif

whats wierd is that what i think of as '10 goth' barly rates a 5 on the site.Dublin goths must be less gothy than american goths

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

FANJ, you make it sound like Goths are flawed in some way? Get a grip.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

ROFLOL nice one Bubbs.

Obviously most of you don't know bubbles, he gives Trolls a bad name smile.gif

Nothing wrong with Goths, they're harmless............................................ah fuk it you have to have something to laugh at biggrin.gif

Gandalf.

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boddah:
    Nowadays people are supposed to be able to express themselves with freedom.</font>

Yeah, and that's exactly what we are doing, expressing our hate for goths. Bubbles said he wouldn't slow down....me? I'd accelerate....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 539 ✭✭✭Yurmasyurda

We'd be phukked without goths, if there were none there'd be no exciting posts such as this one! Still we shud kik their phuking hedz in..........

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭GreenHell

goths - wasters the lot of em. Always a good laff waalking through Pauls Street in Cork city their apparent spiritual home land ..... you can't help but feel sorry for em

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

If my brother ever did something like that to me, I would be incredibly hurt. I don't know what kind of people you are.

Why does everything offend you? Here comes a shock for you now...I don't have a problem with goths!! Wow! Unless of course, they were the types of people that scrawled insults on my bedroom mirror with my makeup, in which case not even their funky clothes could escape my wrath then....

If this is a spoof, it just goes to show how easily you can provoke people's prejudices.

INSECURE PEOPLE SHOW THEIR INSECURITIES BY SLAMMING OTHER PEOPLE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 432 ✭✭Catch_22

A few thoughts:

>They are all a stupid as a donkey with a sheeps head up its **** .

By and large any goths i have come across or ever got to know tend to be on average a hell of a lot smarter than what you find at the other end of the scale i.e. deco anto etc.. and their 10 million scumbag m8s

Its no skin of my nose how ppl choose to dress or anything, & it shouldnt really bother anyone else either .. admittedly a point was made about those "who think they can change the world", yeh i think its annoy as hell when some git wont shut up about whats wrong with the world when im trying to relax, but i dont think its exclusive to goths

>I'm a very open minded person,

>I'm very open minded too Bubbles and I don't like to generalise or mean to sound in any way xenophobic but...

what a lot of open minded ppl we have here, but in the last 48 hours we have managed to thrash knackers and now goths on this board, im not going to go looking but im pretty sure i would find a thread containing similar sentiments about refugees.

Other than all these things you have very big problems with, what exactly are you all so open minded about ??

This is the very open mindedness we see so much of in mordern day ireland from what i see in the papers.

well thats my take on the ethreads seen recently around the boards,

c22

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I cant believe you are all taking this seriously.

This is *bubbles* we are talking about.

How do you know bubbles is lying?? Is his mouth moving???

Really, I'd have moved it to Trolls if it hadnt been so remarkable success in spoofing you all, lol.

Bold bubbles, stop that.

DeV.

God neuro, its bubbs fs.

[This message has been edited by WhiteLancer (edited 17-04-2001).]

What DeV said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

tbh I dont hate goths, more the sight of them really.....
    I dont feel sorry for them either..I mean its their choice to look like total twats...

The question is "how can these people think that they look good?"

That said I wouldnt want to run them over in my car (if I had one)...I mean think of the mess you would have to clean up...not worth it really...

wink.gif
    I'm pretty sure that this post was meant in jest...course it is bubbs we are talking about!!

[This message has been edited by SHADOW (edited 17-04-2001).]

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

hahahahaha
    ere goths are great.

They act all mopey and dress in black simply so they'll be seen as being different and depressed and (occasionally) to make some sort of statement about what music they listen to and its absolutely hilarious because by doing all this to be different from what society wants they're just instead being classed anyway.

Either way, one day they will realise when they look back at photos (if they ever get photographed) "haha wow i was one depressed git" or be totally embarrased, i've met lots of people who've done this.

Its those goths who don't grow out of it are the real scary ones though, and imo have some deep personality problems, they seriously need to get laid or something hehe.

Anyone who hates them or on the other hand who takes them seriously as an individual should really chill out smile.gif

Yay goths i say... bring more humour into our lives.

Its just like stereotypical queers, who talk in a high-pitch, wear overlyfancy clothes and wave their hands about. they're simply living up to peoples stereotypes and its great cos then we know if they're gay or not smile.gif

in summary.. FANJ your so very close with your post keep up the good work wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭bubbles

That is just typical. I express my opinion on a message board - which by other threads its appears I have the right to do so, only to have one of the people(very nice kind people at that) that runs the boards tell me my opinion is a load of crap, and saying I'm a lair etc.

I am seriously very very offended by that statement DeV. You of all people who used to crusade for freedom of speech on irc.iol.ie only 4 years ago, only to make a comment like that.

By all means take your suggested action and move this thread to the trolls board - but this will be posted again on the humanites boards, and again and again.

Freedom of speech is a right - not a privledge.

[This message has been edited by bubbles (edited 17-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,196 ✭✭✭Littletinyman

ROFL Bubbs... and Neuro, you really are incredibly stupid.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

So Goths - you want to be different???

... like everyone else..........

(Thanks to Alastair for that)

All the best,

Dav
    @B^)
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Prepare yourself - The Beefy King stirs from his slumber...</font>

[honey i] violated [the kids]

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by neuro-praxis:
    I don't know what kind of people you are.
    </font>

And the trap is sprung...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeVore:
    I cant believe you are all taking this seriously. This is *bubbles* we are talking about.
    </font>

I'm not Bubbles tho, and I'm not lying, they should all be lined up and shot, Nazi-style, tie them all together with wire, shoot one and toss them all into a river, save the oul bullets.
    And no, Neuro I'm far from insecure, don't you know that us UL ppl are the Master Race?? Flaming other inferior species is my RIGHT.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭Kaidos

lolol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zero:
    they should all be lined up and shot, Nazi-style, tie them all together with wire, shoot one and toss them all into a river, save the oul bullets.
    </font>
    I would second that they are the most ugly lookin things ever

Of course I see the spoofiness - as I pointed out in my last post (cheers LTM, by the way, I think you're incredibly stupid too, hun smile.gif), and we can all see the extremist jokers here...(I didn't know that Bubbles was renowned though)

But the scary thing is that some people were serious in their goth-hating replies.

And nobody was joking in the traveller thread when they expressed their desire to kick the **** out of travellers, or run them over...so my disbelief at the kind of angry people you are, still stands!

Give me back my towel. I'll sue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 core

What the hell do u have against goths?Just leave them alone lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

Neuro they weren't joking they really want to beat the living ****e out of knackers, as for the goths problem some of them are joking some aren't and i must say myself I often laugh when i walk down Paul Street in Cork.

Core, if you've seen what your brother logic said last night I wouldn't stand up for Goths... your own life is at risk....

• Advertisement

Hey DGen, I realise that - that was my point. smile.gif

Bubbles, heh heh.

[This message has been edited by neuro-praxis (edited 17-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Eh, I did this for the Evil Gerald... it's actually partly based on truth smile.gif

I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths! I hate goths!
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Teen now wondering why the f**k he's been a Goth all these years

Leather, industrial music, perpetual moodiness and own-brand hairspray proved too much for pre-post-teen, Jamie Watson, last week when he was hit with the realisation that for the past four years, he has been a complete tit.

Moody since birth, Watson found his niche some time after the Junior Cert when he and a handful of friends resolved to become Goths after getting a little too into the Smashing Pumpkins. A concerned classmate commented, "They almost went around looking for reasons to be moody and walked around together with long sleeves, frowning all the time and slagging off everyone's taste in music."

As Watson's friends delved deeper and deeper into Goth, he began to experiment with cosmetic products and soon set himself apart as King Goth in his school, noticeable by his jet black, coiffed hair, white foundation and ripped school uniform. "Man, he was so moody," said Goth friend Mark O'Driscoll, "he put us all to shame. Even we were scared of him."

Soon enough, Watson was listening to Einsturzende Neubauten and other industrial music and began drawing occult symbols, like the pentagram, on his hands, pencil cases and schoolbag.

People looked at him funny but it all added to the mystique; Watson commented: "I'd feel in a bad mood 'cos of the way they were looking at me and I'd just turn around and say, 'hey, why are you looking at me funny?' and they'd get scared!"

It was last week, while waiting for friends outside Trinity College, that forced him to realise the error of his ways when he was giving out about a Goth under his breath, who was sitting opposite him.

"The guy was just sitting there wearing those dumb boots, with his face all white and black and reading some book like Kant's 'Critique of Pure Reason'. He was looking so moody and every so often the idiot would look up just to make sure people were looking at him being all moody. What a phoney. It was like he was begging people to judge him just so he could say to himself, 'Oh, don't judge me, I'm a human like the rest of you, even if my life is pain'."

"I was a complete tit," continued Watson, "and now I see the new breed of Goths and it turns my stomach like inhaling hairspray up your nostrils." His mum couldn't be more pleased with his new image, describing him as "a strapping young lad".

"I can't believe I was so moody," said Watson to his final question, "maybe this year in college I won't be so misunderstood. What are you looking at me like that for?"</font>

"I collect spores, moulds and fungus."

[This message has been edited by DadaKopf (edited 17-04-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

It's amazing how freaked out and aggressive people get about something a little different from the norm. Yeah i'm sure there's lots of reasons why people put on black clothes and bad eyeliner, but imo, it's a hell of a lot better than
    1. Wearing the same beige baggys as EVERYONE else
    2. paying £100 so you can advertise for someone else (ie. purchasing a branded nike/umbro/addidas/ralph lauren etc jacket)
    3. not giving a sh!t where your clothes come from at all. (and thereby directly supportign sweatshop labour used by above brands).
    So fair enough, goths are just losers looking for attention, but if you ask me, i'd prefer to be a weirdo if being normal involves what most people wear.
    harVey

harVee's a Goth !!!

Get him !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Sue

Neuro, listen don't you think its about time that you went about doing some of your homework for school or somthing! Obviously you are going through that post teenage 'hug the trees' type stage, and have not really grasped the concept of modern adult humour yet. The point of this whole conversation is to wind you up - and like the pseudo-deep teenager that you are your taking the bait hook, line and sinker. Its making you look pretty pathetic really. It really is about time you pulled that poker out of your **** - either that or you're the Virgin Mary incarnate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭D-Generate

The Ba*tard also used Thomas the Tank Engine for his avatar, steeling ppls avatars is worse than being a goth

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,307 ✭✭✭richindub2

Lol bubbs smile.gif

UP DA DUBS!! :)

Perhaps you should have remained who you were before, and not taken a new name to hide behind to tell me that?

Your opinion counts for *this* much. smile.gif

*neuro makes no gesture*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,489 ✭✭✭Clintons Cat

<RANT WARNING>
    Where ever there is pain
    You will find Goths
    where ever there is suffering
    You will find Goths
    where ever there is misery
    You will find Goths

Fine by my dwell in your protective bubble of self imposed misery.Just dont try to make me feel guilty if i can face the world with a smile on a sunny day.
    I dont know about dublin goths but british goths are conspicuous by their absense during the winter time,returning to haunt the parks with their gloomy faces when its turned out nice again.
    Maybe cause the average housewife struggling back from the shops in a freezing cold gale could out gloom even the most determined goth without breaking a sweat under those circumstances.
    Fair Weather Freaks.
    By the way Harvee any idea who makes that imported indian lace goths love so much? Kids,seriously their fingers are more nimble than adults.So please save the lectures on third world child labour for another day.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DadaKopf:
    Eh, I did this for the Evil Gerald... it's actually partly based on truth smile.gif
    </font>

hehe read that one a while back and laughed myself sick, its funny cos its true wink.gif

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement