Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

For anyone who doesn't like sprouts, try this then you might.

• 31-12-2004 11:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭

I decided to do sprouts for Xmas dinner even though I dont really like them at all.
    I decided to use a recipe from the "River Cottage" cook book that I have at home ( get it, it rocks!).
    The result was fantastic and I will eat sprouts done with this method, here you go anyway.

500g sprouts
    250g chopped Marrons ( Sweet chestnuts, you can get them in Temple bar market, or if you are lucky can go out and pick them)
    2 tbsp Double cream
    a knob of butter
    about 200g streaky bacon cooked and chopped into little pieces.
    Boil the sprouts until they are just tender then drain them and throw them into a blender with a knob of butter and the double cream, blitz it a bit a few times on pulse, you want to cream them but not kill them totally.
    Once blitzed remove from the mixer and mix though the chestnuts and bacon pieces.

Really good stuff.

Preperation of chestnuts is so:

Get your chestnuts and cut a small slit in them to avoid them exploding, then put them in a heavy pan (dry pan), I use a skillet, toast them in the pan for 10-25 minutes. When cooled enough to handle, peel the outer tough skin and the inner dark skin off the chestnuts, finished.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I only like them when they are cooked using the water off the ham - really flavoured this way - if they are not cooked this way then I wont eat them coz they sweet like sweaty feet :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 423 ✭✭Cosworth

And how do you know what sweaty feet taste like :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

I only like them when they are cooked using the water off the ham - really flavoured this way - if they are not cooked this way then I wont eat them coz they sweet like sweaty feet :)

Which is a way of saying, you only like them, when they don't taste of Brussel Sprout :D

Similar thoughts on Blub2k4 recipe, sounds alright except for the sprouts.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Borzoi wrote:
    Which is a way of saying, you only like them, when they don't taste of Brussel Sprout :D

Similar thoughts on Blub2k4 recipe, sounds alright except for the sprouts.

Try it then shoot it down when you dont like it.

Advertisement