Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Motorola V535, Meteor & Wireless Office (!)

Options
  • 31-12-2004 12:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭

Yes, all 3.

Firstly Meteor seem to be offering the Motorola V535 for a measly 29eu with bill phones. Anyone got it? It seems fine to me but I'd be interested in hearing if the Meteor software is reliable, etc.
    Edit: Ok so the V535 is obviously older than I thought. The Motorola V300 is only 9eu. What about that instead?

Also Meteor - would anyone care to interject in regards to moving to Meteor bill pay. I've been a vodafone customer all my life (*cringe*) and am planning to move. I can't see anything wrong with it what with cheaper rates, cheaper texts, 300 web texts and free voicemail. Is there anything really bad in the small print that I failed to notice? I'm not happy I've to pay DD or CC for each bill (bad experiences) but that seems like a worthwhile sacrifice. They let you switch tariffs even during the month which seems very obliging!

Finally, on a seperate note, Vodafone's Wireless Office. Anyone use it? We're about to transfter on to it and I'm planning on restricting the outgoing numbers on some of the phones to only the wireless numbers. They tell me this should be no problem. Again...just interested in hearing any words of caution (or loud pleadings).

Thanks alot. I've done my homework on this stuff (I hope) but advice is always nice :)

Comments

The Motorola V535 seems to be identical to the E550 which is out in the UK on T-Mobile. This is part of the new Motorola range.
    The main differences between this and the V300 are that the V535 has bluetooth and video recording (it probably has vibrate and ring simultaneously too).
    Its comparable to the Vodafone-only V550 but triband instead of quad.
    Meteor don't use custom software on the Motorola phones, its the same as the stock Moto version. I had a Meteor V300 before which had no branding whatsoever except for WAP/MMS settings. The V535 probably has the stock V620 software on it, which doesn't seem too bad at all.

EDIT: This link seems to say that its a quad band phone...

http://www.gsmarena.com/index.php3?sRedir=http://www.gsmarena.com/motorola_v535-889.php

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

Thanks the help!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

Is Meteor Bill Pay as good an option as Meteor Prepaid? Last time I checked (a while ago admitedly) it was no where near as good value.

Advertisement