Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two week delay transferring from NetSource to Esat !

• 31-12-2004 2:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭

Anyone else suffering this ? I am in the middle of starting a new business which depends a lot on web and email...... yet Esat say I will have no internet connection for two weeks....!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

Could be more then 2 weeks. Takes almost 2 weeks for Netsource to release your line, then more time for Eircom to mark it as available, then 2 weeks more for Esat to take up the line...

All in all you could be looking at about 5 weeks downtime.

It's the main reason I'm waiting for NTL before I leave Netsource....

Our backwards Irish system doesn't allow for the 5 mins of downtime it would take in theory to change providers...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

Ciaran is correct.
    Theres not much to nothing u can do.
    Reason is we have Eircom as the middleman..
    :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,886 ✭✭✭cgarvey

Whatever happend to the port transfer which was meant to be up and running now? That is, you, in theory, have only a couple of hours downtime. Or was that only when eircom are at one end of the transfer?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 576 ✭✭✭chill

Unbelievable..........

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

chill wrote:
    Anyone else suffering this ? I am in the middle of starting a new business which depends a lot on web and email...... yet Esat say I will have no internet connection for two weeks....!!

Why dont you take this up with Comreg? Might be worth a try anyways.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

It's been talked about for the last 12 months, as far as I was aware it was due to be enabled back in October so that you could switch providers with only 10 mins downtime as you were added to the new ISPs account. After all, it's just a computer record being changed.

This all seemed to fall through though.

Advertisement