Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Emergency Planning in Ireland

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26 David Office

Tell me where the x bn will be spent? Im not talking about a Ronnie Reagan Star Wars programme here!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,064 ✭✭✭Gurgle

Tell me where the x bn will be spent? Im not talking about a Ronnie Reagan Star Wars programme here!!
    :D
    To even think about suggesting setting up a voluntary commitee to discuss the possibility of planning a schedule for making a plan will cost well over a billion.

• Registered Users Posts: 249 ✭✭coolhandluke

Don't forget the consultants now,that's 2 billion. :mad:

So we stick our heads in the sand and crib like f**k when something does happen. Now theres a plan. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

If it makes you feel any better David, should any of the really bad disasters happen, everyone responsible for preparing the plan will probably be dead anyway :D

And no, there aren't any disasters that should be left off "the plan", but when preparing responses to various scenarios, you start with the ones most likely to happen and work your way down the list. Tidal waves, asteroid strikes, the yellowstone caldera erupting, those all come fairly far down the list and tend to be so overwhelming that the plan is basicly to say "Oh crap" before being incinerated/crushed/drowned. Hell, some things (the last two on that list for starters) are so overwhelming that all of mankinds resources combined wouldn't cope with them.

• Advertisement

Sparks wrote:
    If it makes you feel any better David, should any of the really bad disasters happen, everyone responsible for preparing the plan will probably be dead anyway :D

So you havent heard of the Government command bunker' in Athlone!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

Have to say, after today's statement on the tsunami damage by McGuinness, I don't think I want to trust this lot to plan a drinking session in a brewery...

Sparks wrote:
    Have to say, after today's statement on the tsunami damage by McGuinness, I don't think I want to trust this lot to plan a drinking session in a brewery...

Missed that - can you provide a link?

Advertisement