Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Vote - Best Film of 2004

• 31-12-2004 4:16pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Vote on the best film of 2004. Options, as usual, culled from nominations.

Vote - Best Film of 2004 51 votes

Before Sunset
    0% 0 votes
    Collateral
    7% 4 votes
    Dogville
    9% 5 votes
    Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
    3% 2 votes
    Lost in Translation
    47% 24 votes
    Man on Fire
    27% 14 votes
    The Incredibles
    3% 2 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

Man on Fire is on the list but not Oldboy? :(

Eternal Sunshine gets my vote. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,047 ✭✭✭✭Basq

'Eternal Sunshine' gets my vote

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

Had to go with Collateral on this one. I foresee some clean sweeps for Eternal Sunshine in some categories though.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,529 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Not seen enough of these, but am working on it. LiT from those I have.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

i presume that man on fire is included on that list as a post-modernist joke? unless you actually bought its none-too-subtle political sub-text ...

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

i presume that man on fire is included on that list as a post-modernist joke? unless you actually bought its none-too-subtle political sub-text ...
    Eh no. I had a nominations thread and it received a number of nominations. These aren't the movies I thought should be voted for - this is the opinion of the people of Boards. So there's loads of noteworthy omissions, in my opinion, but I have to be impartial even if it pained me to include it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 206 ✭✭elvenscout742

I voted Lost in Translation, though something seems genuinely wrong about that. Probably just the number of great films released at the extreme end of 2003 ;) .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

ok did i miss something. how come everyone else doesn't seem to agree that Man on FIre was a very, very, very good film. I can see where people are either love it or hate it with Lost in Translation. btw fair play ixoy sticking on this stuff together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

None of them.... jesus get some nomination skills... What about the Aviator?

John

Lump wrote:
    None of them.... jesus get some nomination skills... What about the Aviator?
    What about it? The Aviator hasn't been released yet. It's not a film of 2004. If you wanted better movies, you should've been voting in the nomination thread...

• Advertisement

Actually it was released in the US on christmas day.... So it could be considered for this years oscars. So :P

John

Lump wrote:
    Actually it was released in the US on christmas day.... So it could be considered for this years oscars. So :P
    From my own Best Film of 2004 thread:
    Best Film of 2004
    Nominations here for what you thought was the best film of 2004.

To be eligible, the film must have been released on Irish cinema screens during the year 2004. Each voter can only nominate a maxiumum of two titles. Any further ones shall be ignored.
    So :p The idea is to be sure that enough Irish people got the chance to see the movies nominated in the cinema. We can't all get the American ones (unless we've got generous cousins) so I decided that, if it's been on in a theatre here (or straight to DVD here) then it's elligible (elligible doesn't mean downloadble...).

The movie actually looks pretty good and I know I'll be seeing it when we get it in a few weeks. Hopefully it'll see a return to the days when diCaprio acted well rather than an indulged brat.

Fair enough... Relax son, I was only making a point. You may have noticed I've only started posting on here and didn't read past threads ;)

John

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,381 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Incredibles for me

• Registered Users Posts: 2,388 ✭✭✭Cina

No Hero ? I know it was amde it 2002 but it was only released here this year wasn't it? By far the best film I've seen this year.

EDIT: Just saw the foreign category nm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

How can lost in translation be even thought of as any good. it is a blemish in my otherwise very good dvd collection. worse movie of all time . htats only my opinion though so carry on :)

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,648 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

start again napoleon dynamite is far better than ALL those films

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement