Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Real Fighting

• 31-12-2004 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭

Real no nonsense combat training

Hope ye enjoy this clip!

Four on One

How going in hard and fast may upset your opponnents scripted attack and allow you to get away!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

LOL

Interesting clip that, like the four on one, my browser won't open the other one though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

It needs quick time 6

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,152 ✭✭✭sound_wave

tbh how old were those guy? Mike Valley is a pro skater and is prob a good deal older than those guys!

I dunno with the in hard and fast, he could easily have been taken from behind or the side with a well timed side step while lunging that agressively.

the other clip was gas tho! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭Musashi

To my mind the whole point is that those lads had the numbers and kicked off,not knowing the guy they picked on was a hard nutter!
    The whole plan went awry when he hit first and hardest so they went to bits and did **** all!
    Knowing your opponent is half the fight! The half they forgot about!

Musashi wrote:

True, true! LOL!

not the approach i would have taken to a situation like that though! Even if those lads looked a bit on the small side they could have some ninja death moves they learned off Dragon Ball Z!

• Advertisement

the kick to the face in the parking lot fight doesnt look nice, fecking toebog that it was and all.

Gang fight was crap more people running away than fighting!

Best fight was the one on one where the black dude loses, although a questionable knee by the white dude is up for debate :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

Without meaning to flog a dead horse you'll notice that in each of the fight clips, which are actually REAL people fighting, the skills (if any) being used are MMA skills. Every fighter who wins a fight uses MMA skills (whether theyve trained or not)! THe point is that real fights look quite a bit like MMA fights and the skills translate. You'll notice excellent takedown defence in one or two fights due to the americans training wrestling in schools!

The Taco Bell fight shows excellent sprawl and brawl fighting where the "toe-bogger" ;) keeps his weight on his opponent and keeps hitting him every time he attempts a takedown.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

Musashi wrote:
    To my mind the whole point is that those lads had the numbers and kicked off,not knowing the guy they picked on was a hard nutter!
    The whole plan went awry when he hit first and hardest so they went to bits and did **** all!

Just got around to looking at your movies !! The first one is Denis Penis right ?? V.Good :D

I agree with you that when you are faced with a situation like that, that you can't get out of. Then the hit first ploy is your best bet. Those lads shat themselves when he came at them first. Bullies are great in the group until someone thumps them :rolleyes:

Even the first clip, joke as it is, makes a good point.Just going in hitting and kneeing wherever you can get a shot in must be better than doing nothing.At the very least you gain the momentum and dominance in the situation to make a hole to get away through.
    The skater fight no-one gets knocked out but they are all so stunned that they freeze up.At one point the skater is between three guys as he strikes another one.If they'd all jumped in at that point he'd have been a candidate for a kicking,but they are all still trying to decide what action to take as things haven't gone as they had expected them to.
    The clip where Danzig is panned out is another good example.The other guy wasn't gonna wait for Glen to get his fight on,he just came back hard and knocked him out.As far as I know Danzig is a JKD instructor so should know better!
    http://www.jerrypoteet.com/instructor.htm

• Advertisement

Knife Defense?

Always liked this clip!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,995 ✭✭✭Tim_Murphy

“However, like a lot of beginner students, you attacked me wrong!”
    :D:D Brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,693 ✭✭✭pma-ire

Fu*kin' excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,577 ✭✭✭Colm_OReilly

Jim Carey! Classic! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

That traveller fight one is part of a series of fights between two settled traveller families up in Donegal in '99 (I think). There's a DVD called "BARE KNUCKLE BOXING" going around that I got before christmas all the fights between the Quinns and the Joyces, it makes for some interesting viewing - you should be able to pick it up off one of the seedier stalls in town.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,070 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

l3rian wrote:

That 'party fight' is fairly vicious isnt it ? Would martial arts training have done any good against that giant guy ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 223 ✭✭dabhal

Musashi wrote:
    Knife Defense?

Always liked this clip!

It's funny cos it's true :D

Laughed my ass off

Dabhal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,398 ✭✭✭columok

That 'party fight' is fairly vicious isnt it ? Would martial arts training have done any good against that giant guy ?

It would. The situation is not unlike being ground n pounded in MMA (mixed martial arts). Having good ground skills such as BJJ( Brazilian Jiu Jitsu) and good clinch skills (wrestling or judo) would certainly help and would enable counter attack or escape!

A couple of points briefly,I promise!
    When this was at the verbal stage he could have de-escalated , even stepping back out the door and sliding it shut to make a get away.
    Also, while engaged verbally he should have been working to improve his position.
    One, to put objects like the table between them ,or put more bodies in the way.
    Second, while making a high line gesture with his left hand he should have snagged a full can or a long neck to be used as a field expedient impact magnifier.At least when it kicked off he'd have had a chance to even up the odds.
    Finally, for when he was on the couch, some semblance of a guard and bicycling kicks to the groin of the guy standing over him would have been a start!
    Any other ideas from the SBG lads as to how this could go down?

• Registered Users Posts: 179 ✭✭patjunfa

With his back against the couch n gettin hammered, could have graped the guys ankles, brought his legs over the guy and pushed him over easily, with the couch to brace him as well. Prob hard to take his hands away from gaurding his face, even for a mo tho

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,084 ✭✭✭mark.leonard

As opposed to citing different techniques he may or may not have been able to employ, I will just say he should have got and used a basic G'n'P defence.

Sorry about this for the lads have seen it!

Dog Judo (not Dog Brothers)

that is ****ing excellent! :D

brought a smile to my face on this dull day of college!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 412 ✭✭Ger Healy

I like it excellent :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

This is the ultimate fight:
    http://e.wimp.com/v/naughtygirls.wmv
    :D

Warning: Not nice! Colm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 zencat

Can you tell me point of posting these links?

Most people (if not all) on the boards here seem to have some training at least. I would expect a greater understanding of what we do, be it mma or traditional styles, not to aggrandize these clearly violent and unnecessary scenarios. They dont warrant analysis granted them. They are glib entertainment... at best.

Advertisement