Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thank God for Tsunami & 2,000 dead Swedes.

Options
  • 01-01-2005 3:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭

The Westboro Baptist Church, that citadel of of Christianity and homophobia, has put out a press release proclaiming, "Thank God for Tsunami & 2,000 Dead Swedes!!"

from the Press Release:
    How many tsunami-dead Swedes are fags and dykes? vacationing on their fat expendable incomes without kids to bother and spend money on.

They've sent another press release now: "Thank God for Tsunami. Thank God for 3,000 dead Americans!"

And from their FAQ: http://www.godhatesfags.com/main/faq.html#Tsunami

What do you think about the Tsunami that hit Asia on December 26, 2004? Was it God's wrath ?
    The tsunami was an adumbration of the wrath of God, a harbinger of things to come: that Great Day of Judgment. Amos 3:6 "Shall a trumpet be blown in the city, and the people not be afraid? shall there be evil in a city, and the LORD hath not done it?" That word translated "evil" there is means distress, misery, injury, calamity. The answer, of course, to the rhetorical question posed in this verse is a resounding "NO!" See also Romans 1:18 "For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who hold the truth in unrighteousness;" And you wonder if this is the wrath of God? The lands affected by this judgment from God aren’t just full of idolatry; we’re talking about places (think Thailand) that are hot spots where American businessmen travel for the express purpose of fornicating with young Asian children. It is a thriving industry over there; many of these girls are taken into that business when they are seven years old or younger. "Mortify therefore your members which are upon the earth; fornication, uncleanness, inordinate affection, evil concupiscence, and covetousness, which is idolatry: For which things' sake the wrath of God cometh on the children of disobedience:" Col 3:5-6.

And you wonder if this is the wrath of God? Not to mention the fact that those Asian countries weren’t the only ones affected by the tsunami. Do you realize that among the dead and missing are 3,500 Swedes and over 3,000 Americans? Sweden, who recently jailed a Gospel preacher for a month because he preached Bible verses and sentiments about the abomination that is the homosexual lifestyle from his own pulpit to his own congregation. America, who is awash in diseased fag feces & semen, and is an apostate land of the sodomite damned. And you wonder if this is the wrath of God ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

scary muther****erS!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Christ, that's ****ing appalling!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

Aren't these the same people who wear placards proudly stating "Thank God for AIDS"? Suffice it to say, this doesn't surprise me in the least. There is always someone warped enough to find even the most awful catastropy appealing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Westboro Basptist Church. Nuff said.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Yup, the folks who wanted to dance on Matthew Shephards grave.

http://rawstory.rawprint.com/1204/westboro_tsunami_statement_1230.php

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Inuslting and appalling mofos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Hmmm, maybe they might finally charge them with incitement to hatred now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Don't get angry, and don't react, it just gives them more publicity which is exactly what they want. ****ers like this are best ignored and left to self destruct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,184 ✭✭✭neuro-praxis

Phelps' favourite past time is protesting at the funerals of gay people who have died from AIDS with placards that say "God hates fags".

Nice guy.

Unfortunately doesn't know his bible very well, either.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,459 ✭✭✭Heathen

Narrow minded Hicks!!

• Advertisement

The site got hacked but has been restored now. Ah well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

damien.m wrote:
    The site got hacked but has been restored now. Ah well.
    When it was hacked, what exactly happened? Was it defaced or what?

It was hacked by Swedish Hackers who claimed the site was shut down by a Gay Liberal Conspiracy. Was quite funny. But hacking is bad mmmkay ?

And now a Muslim Professor gets into the spectacle:

http://www.wnd.com/news/article.asp?ARTICLE_ID=42242

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

damien.m wrote:
    And now a Muslim Professor gets into the spectacle:
    What a despicable tosser he is. I'd love for him to go to the affected regions, look at the young child whose grief struck him so mute that he was amlost buried, look at the fisherman who came home to find his village flattned, look at the millions of grief-stricken people behind, and dare to tell them his pious sanctimonious crap. This is the sort of bile that really gives religion a bad name and, if karma exists, I hope he's payed in kind.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,312 ✭✭✭mr_angry

I actually feel sorry for these people, although its hard. To be so filled with hatred and resentment...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 920 ✭✭✭elvis2002

these guys are sick mother fcukers. Exactly those mad religious types you hear about.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

Why do you say "Thank God For AIDS"?

Because God is a sovereign God, and should be thanked for all of His righteous judgments, whether you like them or not. Everyone who gets AIDS gets it as a direct result of God's will (including babies and people who get it from blood transfusions), and He should be blessed for it. "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap" Galatians 6:7. You should follow Job's example: "Naked came I out of my mother's womb, and naked shall I return thither: the Lord gave, and the Lord hath taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord." Job 1:21.

As far as innocent people who get AIDS, God isn't bound by your humanistic standards of justice. Throughout history, He has killed innocent people to punish those people who are still living (e.g., the innocent first born of Egypt). And He's doing it today. God's wrath is being poured out on this world in many forms, including AIDS, and part of that wrath is the destruction of innocent people (including babies).

read some of his other stuff from that link, this one stood out. It seems almost like this guy might be an anti-christian trying to incite hatred, he's that insane, really sick that these people exist, would love to meet his parents(behind a sheet of glass perhaps)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,235 ✭✭✭lucernarian

There's no point even thinking about all that stuff. The stuff is so illogical it would blow your mind thinking about it (well almost:)). I've no time for those "religious" hardline groups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

these are the sick freaks that need to be annihilated if there is a god, not innocent holidaymakers and the poor citizens of the various countries. wouldnt you just love to see something tragic hit them for once. the religious right make me sick

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

damien.m wrote:
    The Westboro Baptist Church, that citadel of of Christianity and homophobia, has put out a press release proclaiming, "Thank God for Tsunami & 2,000 Dead Swedes!!"

I'm not GLB but I couldn't help but notice the "thank god..." heading on the main boards page. Man, its things like the tsunami that bring out both the best and worst in human nature.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I'm not GLB but I couldn't help but notice the "thank god..."

what? then get the hell outta here, what do you think you're doing posting here!?!??!?!

/sarcasm

what? then get the hell outta here, what do you think you're doing posting here!?!??!?!

/sarcasm

Getting in touch with my feminine side :p

• Registered Users Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭Pet

I'm not GLB but I couldn't help but notice the "thank god..." heading on the main boards page.

You don't need to be G, L or B (or T) to post in here you know..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yes but you have to put a little disclaimer with your posts saying you're not gay or else we'll just assume :o (Only joking :p)

Everyone is welcome here, where even the emoticons are pink :p

Stark wrote:
    Yes but you have to put a little disclaimer with your posts saying you're not gay or else we'll just assume :o (Only joking :p)

Everyone is welcome here, where even the emoticons are pink :p

Ok ok, sorry 'bout that. Internet paranoia, thats all.
    :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33 atlantis

Really is that what they think. so they're happy that it took the deaths of over 150,000 people to wipe out what 5000 of us. Thats a ratio of 30:1. Thats one hell of sacrafice.

I'm not sure but last i heard the ratio of straight to gay men anyway was 10:1. They really should have thought this one through coz if Gods retribution keeps killing us off at those ratios hetros will be in their graves a lot sooner then we will.

Advertisement