Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Boards Disaster Fund

• 01-01-2005 12:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭

It would be great if we could have our own disaster fund, I think it would be feasible because look at the success of Amp to Pam fund and SSF.

Just an Idea.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

A noble suggestion, but wouldn't we just be duplicating the efforts of countless other agencies?

How's about a sticky on each forum with links to the major aid agencies for those who want to donate?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Yeah stickies would be good alright. But we could have one of the top echelon change their name for the charity.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I really don't this is the time for frivolity. Just donate to the existing groups - it's much quicker and efficient to do it thay way

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

How's about a sticky on each forum with links to the major aid agencies for those who want to donate?

Cloud has put up a sticky.

Mike.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

Thank you

Your transaction has been processed by WorldPay, on behalf of Irish Red Cross.
    On behalf of the Irish Red Cross, thank you for making a donation towards our work.

Your Payment...

You made a payment for EUR50.00
    for Donation of EUR50 to Irish Red Cross for South Asia Disaster Appeal
    to Irish Red Cross
    Reference: 20050101120149
    01/Jan/2005 17:28:01

this is my 2nd one. i donated 100 the moment i heard about the disaster.

i know its not much, but i wish i could do a lot more.

would it be possible for us to do our own donation? i mean from boards.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Yup same here Mike.. I donated 100 euro to irish red cross aswell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

I donated 60 to the american Red cross. I wish I could have given more.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Willem D wrote:
    I donated 60 to the american Red cross. I wish I could have given more.

There are people around the world that are not even affected by this. 60 euro was very generous. If it even helps one person, then consider it a job well done.

I know how you feel though, I wish I could help these guys out more.. Truth is, we can't.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭PeadarofAodh

I'll probably be attacked for this but...do you people really feel the need to show off how much you donated?

"this is my 2nd one. i donated 100 the moment i heard about the disaster.......so fu(king there, beat that"

come on :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,213 ✭✭✭✭therecklessone

mike65 wrote:
    Cloud has put up a sticky.

Mike.

Good schtuff.

Ta for your sig as well, pointed me in the right direction...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

Your better off to donate to the aid agencies directly rather than have a boards collection. there would be fewer banks taking their cut if you were to just send it to the likes of the red cross or trocaire directly.

plus it would get there quicker as well.

Advertisement