Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

F*** me

• 01-01-2005 1:43pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

that's some wheather!!!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i nairly got blown under abuss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Yeah I know here in rathfarnahm.. It's like.. Hail, Rain, Tunder+Lightning, Gales..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Back in my day...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

Yep the weather's all crazy here too. We even had a 3 minute power outtage.
    Edit: And of course, now there's the lovely soundtrack of house and car alarms in the background.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,007 ✭✭✭mad m

Was driving past nutgrove shopping centre then the hail hit,had to pull over couldnt see in front of me!Yikes on way to galway now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Well.. it's all calm here now again.. Its very "eye of the storm" like tho.. what ever could happen next... Din Din Daaahhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,027 ✭✭✭alleepally

Yep, it's manky alright... But I still went for my daily walk in it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

44 knots, gusting up to 73 knots, thunder and lightning and savage heavy rain at the airport.

A bit calmer now thankfully.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,759 ✭✭✭✭dlofnep

Holy bejaysus. It's fair mad alright. I woke up to the sound of a loud thud off me window. Sher twas only me cat trying to fly in the wind..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,225 ✭✭✭JackKelly

woke me up too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

TimAy wrote:
    woke me up too.

ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

...yep me 3, see the weather forum for details ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

I was in bed was like the end of the world, first it gets really dark, then the hail then BANG, we got some thunder

Happy new year!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

TimAy wrote:
    woke me up too.

What the flying cat?

Ah it woke me up, but I love that feeling...the sky is falling outside your window, and you're just chilling in your bed. Relax, smile, and get some more sleep...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,842 ✭✭✭steveland?

The feckin hailstones woke me up on the Velux windows.... and I was looking forward to lying in till 3... oh wait i did that anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭Ms Beanbag

ya but the bad weather sounds 10 times worse on Velux windows, ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,287 ✭✭✭NotMe

SteveD wrote:
    and I was looking forward to lying in till 3... oh wait i did that anyway

heh me too. Start the year as you intend to go on and all that...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 414 ✭✭Uthur

A focking tornado in Clonee -- 5 houses with roofs blown off!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

what kind of house has 5 roofs!!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    what kind of house has 5 roofs!!:eek:

pittiful... :rolleyes:

¬¬

• Closed Accounts Posts: 421 ✭✭SweetBirdOfTruth

just sounded like a big wind out here, but did blow a couple of trees over http://www.loopdiloop.com/folderol/2005/01/tornadoes-hardly-ever-happen-in-dublin.asp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

its not too bad where i am just a bit of wind and rain!

• Subscribers Posts: 9,716 ✭✭✭CuLT

I slept through it mostly, heard an awful racket of hail outside so pulled up the sheets and blocked out the sound.

No hangover. Drinking water before sleep = win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

i had great fun in the wind. i took out my big stunt kite and had loads of fun. my arms are killing me now.

just sounded like a big wind out here, but did blow a couple of trees over http://www.loopdiloop.com/folderol/2005/01/tornadoes-hardly-ever-happen-in-dublin.asp

Was it just a big wind (storm) or did a funnel actually touch the ground?
    :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

We got some unatural rain and wind this morning wehre I am in Limerick. it was really really dark around noon. but there were breaks in the inclement weather and the sun came out.

its really cold out now but atleast the bad wind is gone. its still qhite breezy all the same.

If we got thunder this morning then I must have missed it, although I did have a really good sleep last nigh, so probably sleptthrough any thunder if there was any.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

RTE described it as a 'freak storm'. Personally, I think that's the best way to regard it.

In Dublin 9, it was a very strange experience. It had been sunny until somebody seemed to flick a switch and darkness suddenly enveloped the place - it was rather eerie (reminded me of the time in Florida during an El Niño-related storm). The hailstones began pounding against my window whilst the wind overturned our patio chairs/table and blew over one of the trees - freak storm indeed!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

oh jaysus lads i'll be taking the kite out again today. looks a bit stringer than yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭amp

Snow on Christmas Day, thunderstorm on New Years Day. George W Bush in control of a lot of nuclear missiles.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Ah no, and before I got to take it over as well, its the worst possible timing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

My mate cycled the ring of Kerry on New Years just for the hell of it (110 miles roughly). He did it in 6 hours and 50 mins in the weather mentioned above. I drove behind him as support and laughed for most of that time at him. Also given the years I've lived down here I've never drove it. Molls (sp?) gap is simply stunning.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

pam wrote:
    Snow on Christmas Day, thunderstorm on New Years Day. George W Bush in control of a lot of nuclear missiles.

THE END OF THE WORLD IS NIGH!

Well pam according to the Rapture Index we are only at the "Fasten your seatbelts" part of the rapture countdown.

Actually it reminded me of El Niño too, except I was in that for a week and this storm was pretty short lived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

Didn't notice a thing in Galway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

There was hail and high winds here, went outside afterwards and there was part of a tree that had broken off some other tree lying taking up the majority of the footpath, other than that there wasn't too much damage done here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,811 ✭✭✭✭billy the squid

well there is going to be more of it tonight according to the met office or met eireann.

although this is more of your average run of the mill winter storms than the freak storm of saturday.

also hear from the news his morning that two aer lingus planes were damaged in the weather conditions at the airport.

and there was a tornado tossing cars about the place somewhere in the country.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

SyxPak wrote:
    Didn't notice a thing in Galway.
    Actually there was,
    I was still on the go at 11 on new years day, and taking a walk down the claddagh, when a freak struck. Wind and rain that was almost blowing horizontal, But only lasted for 5 minutes before calming back to a rainy day again. It got the Ice Rink marquee, and tore the sides of it. Might get a mention in the advertiser this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 691 ✭✭✭Ajnag

http://www.irishexaminer.com/pport/web/ireland/Full_Story/did-sgdyDb92R0IFwsg0aewFBADppk.asp

That bit bout the rink flyin into the sea and sinking is total bull****, just the sides got taken out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭Loretta.

i was one of the unlucky ones left stranded at dublin airport.
    that was one freaky storm..it only lasted about 3 minutes but you couldnt see out the terminal window at all.

there were 2 aer lingus planes parallel to each other, one had the walkway thing attached to the door. the one on the right just started turning over to the other one, nose first, and got lodged under the wing.
    mass slagging and "only in ireland" comments followed until it dawned on all 600 hundred of us that we were kinda screwed..

pics of course :D

http://uk.geocities.com/linbin_ie/b.JPG
    http://uk.geocities.com/linbin_ie/a.JPG

gettin the job done.... http://uk.geocities.com/linbin_ie/c.JPG

but what pi**ed us off the most was that there had been a strike on in shannon just that day and both planes had to stopover there (grrrr) before going to boston and newyork. the boston-magical-spinning-plane was delayed by 4 hours already cuz of this friggen strike so it shouldnt have been beside the new york plane at that time in the 1st place.

anyway, after an exciting *ahem* 7 hours at the airport, they put all 600 hundred of us up in the burlington hotel for the night. nice free slap up meal but not worth a day lost in new york :(

its also had a knock on affect cuz those damaged planes were meant to fly out from new york yesterday and today so of course more ppl were stranded.

in conclusion

aer lingus.......BUY MORE PLANES

• Advertisement
Advertisement