Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ripwave not bad after all

• 01-01-2005 2:02pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭

I know we're all quick to say how crap it is, but I've noticed the absence of posts recently.

Anyone else think it's been working quite well recently?

/touches wood/

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,153 ✭✭✭bkehoe

It could also be that it's offline and nobody can come here to post ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Enigma365

I wouldnt know, my ripwave modem has been broken since the 17th of December. They were supposed to deliver a new one on December 23rd but I am still waiting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 bbcus

Sometimes it works, and it can be like a set of traffic lights on and off....Last week it was good....For the last day or so....Its been bad...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

Considering mine has only gone green for the first time since about a week before christmas today I would still say it's pretty bad.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,558 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dades

Kappar wrote:
    Considering mine has only gone green for the first time since about a week before christmas today I would still say it's pretty bad.
    They obviously never fitted a green light on my modem.

Has been okay over Christmas - but I imagine a lot of people that were home (outside The Pale) for the hols will be back online this week. ;)

Booo!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭Punchbowl

Mine has been pretty good too.

I admit to being fairly disapointed at first but I changed my startup and running processes to only the most nessecary ones and noticed a huge improvment. I would suggest everybody do the same...

Not green light though, but quick enough

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 83 ✭✭fatlog

Punchbowl wrote:
    Mine has been pretty good too.

I admit to being fairly disapointed at first but I changed my startup and running processes to only the most nessecary ones and noticed a huge improvment. I would suggest everybody do the same...

Not green light though, but quick enough

huh??

what did you change and how would they have an affect on the signal strength/performance?

for the record ripwave is cack! i have never seen a green light and generally it switches between red and orange. this sounds strange but if i leave my PC alone the signal does be fairly strong but as soon as i start to use it, it drops dramatically.

there were also a couple of days over christmas that it didnt pick up a connection at all.

the moral of this story is that Ripwave is soooooo bad that i'm getting eircom broadband. at least it will be always on

Advertisement