Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Meteor down last night

Options
  • 01-01-2005 2:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 682 ✭✭✭

Well I was finding it hard to send messages from about 7PM last night on Meteor and they were slow delivering. Couldnt make any calls until about 4AM and it was still hard then. Rang meteor about 7.30 last night and they said that their network was down nationwide. You'd just think by now the networks would be able to have the network running smooth for one of their busiest nights especially when their losing out on making a lot of money.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,951 ✭✭✭L5

My meteor phone worked fine all night :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Same.. but I wouldn't be suprised with meteors unreliability

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I had probs using a meteor sim from about 11pm last night - took about 6 attempts to place a call and send a text?? :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭eth0_

HELLO?? It was New Years Eve! All the networks fall over from about 11pm til well after 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I'm speaking from my own experience - having been with meteor more or less since it began, this was the 1st year had any probs on New years eve and didnt come across anyone with probs on different network so there you go - not quite as clear cut!!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭steviec

samo wrote:
    I'm speaking from my own experience - having been with meteor more or less since it began, this was the 1st year had any probs on New years eve and didnt come across anyone with probs on different network so there you go - not quite as clear cut!!!

I didn't know anybody who's phone *was* working around midnight last night. I received a number of txts at about 4am that had been sent hours earlier, nobody in my house could get there's working, and that covers all 3 networks. Might depend on what area your in?

Last night I couldn't check my balance or dial voicemail but everything else worked fine.

Still, its probably the busiest night of the year for mobile networks - even Vodafone and O2 were having trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

eth0_ wrote:
    HELLO?? It was New Years Eve! All the networks fall over from about 11pm til well after 1am.
    maybe about 5 years ago..

Not the case really anymore, only for a brief 15 minute period. Am on vodafone myself in Leopardstown and had no problems at all..

Advertisement