Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Switching Sky Cards

• 01-01-2005 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭

We've got 2 sky boxes in 2 seperate rooms, 1 has Sky Sports mine doesn't . I thought I could switch cards if there was a match on but that doesn't work as the box recognises that it not the proper viewing card for that box. Is there any way around this?

Thread moved to Satilite forum (didn't realise there was one till I was told)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

swap the boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,676 ✭✭✭Chong

Wrong forum mate try the guys in the Satellite Forum.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Can't swap boxes (well I could but it'd be too much hassle just for a match) we've two differant accounts in the house and I pay for my own box. I live the parent in laws and we each have our own sitting room, I don't see the point in both of us paying Sky for the sports channels, I can watch the games in their room but would rather watch games in my own room if it was possible.
    Can I move this thread to the satilite forum or should I type it out again there or will I then get a warning for double posting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

There is no way of getting the card to decrypt the premium channels in two different boxes.
    If you think swapping the boxes is too much hassle then the alternative of wiring the output from the full sub box to the other room is unlikely to suit you either.

You could always buy a video-sender.

• Registered Users Posts: 614 ✭✭✭Cucullan

Swapping the box is only too much hassle to do for every game,wiring the output from the full sub box to the other room and only having to change the wire would be fine.

I've moved this to the satilite forum so this thread is now closed.

• Advertisement
Advertisement