Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any idea of price ?

Options
  • 01-01-2005 3:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

I'm getting a tattoo on Thursday, it's a tribal tat about 6" X 4" on my right shoulder black of course with some shadowing... I picked it of the tattoo studio wall but I'm getting him to alter it to my like'n...

Any ideas of a price, i was to embarrassed to ask at the time but I'm thinking in the €150 to €200 range ? ? ?

What ya think ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

6 x 4 sounds about 2 hours work at the most so you're prolly talking €140-€160

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Why would you be embaressed? it's your right.

Yeah I say it will cost about 150-200

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EADCYCLO

GaRtH_V wrote:
    6 x 4 sounds about 2 hours work at the most so you're prolly talking €140-€160

grand :) cheers.......
    I am MAN wrote:
    Why would you be embaressed? it's your right.

true..... thanks guys...... :)

it's the Wild Eagle by the way.... Aaron........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 783 ✭✭✭Skellington

aaron's a cool guy, and fairly reasonablely priced compared to places like celestial ring...

roughly 160/180,sounds fair. but it could cost more or less depending on the detail of the piece, etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EADCYCLO

PunK05 wrote:
    aaron's a cool guy, and fairly reasonablely priced compared to places like celestial ring...

roughly 160/180,sounds fair. but it could cost more or less depending on the detail of the piece, etc.

yeah aaron is cool, he was recommended to me by a good few ppl who got work done off him.

i'm getting 2 tatt's done by aaron..... i'm getting the other one in another few weeks.....

i'll post up pics on thursday/friday anyway :) ....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

Bottom line to it really is how long it will take. MOST tattoo artists in dublin charge between 80 & 90 euros per hour, & they work on an hourly rate basis - as it's easier. You're looking to be paying at least 150 euros for something that size. Could even be as much as 200, or more depending on the amount of shading/coloring that needs doing in the tribal design. Some designs need more work in them than others despite appearances. Last thing you want is a half assed job done...... besides, haggling over prices for tattoos is pointless - unless you know your artist really well & he's done loads of work on you already..... hehehehehehe :D

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭cajun_tiger

i have same size on my leg and it was 160 very detailed (has a little face) but i got it of mick when he was in celestrial ring stephens green

Advertisement