Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most unnecessary pain you've ever had!?

• 01-01-2005 3:22pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭

What's the most unnecessary pain you have ever had?

Mine was when i was going for a piss:(

I was wearing bottoms that have an elastic waist band... so as ever, i walk up to the toilet, assume the position, pull down the waste of the bottoms, when all of a sudden!!!! i lost grip of the bottoms and the elastic shoots back up hitting me in the balls,, that was some pain i tells ya :mad: :mad:

So what's your most unnecessary pain? :cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Was swinging on a rope in a tree as a kid and it snapped. I fell 10 feet to the ground and clamped my legs together. Walked funny for a week. :eek:

Having my arm broken by a mate is always a good one. (now metal plate in there for life)

Ooooh but I got him back though. Him and that boy of his...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,217 ✭✭✭Matthewthebig

Third birthday. Stairs. Tricycle. Birthday in hospital. Scar on lip for life.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

10 years old. Jumping off big wall. Front tooth through lip on landing. Little scar under lip still there 10 years later...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

Been Kicked in the back which caused me to fall to my knees but on the way down to my knees my left arm got stabbed by a door handle.. it went in about 2 inchs and came out the otherside. I was impaled for about 10 seconds then I stood up. but the bad thing was my arm was under alot of presure cos my whole body weight was pulling my arm down.. but it was caught.. :eek:

Thanks probably my worst... :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,437 ✭✭✭weemcd

listenin to shrimp \o/

hmm.. sorry I meant to put in my age, that was when I was 14!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 729 ✭✭✭crazy angel

Shrimp wrote:
    Been Kicked in the back which caused me to fall to my knees but on the way down to my knees my left arm got stabbed by a door handle.. it went in about 2 inchs and came out the otherside. I was impaled for about 10 seconds then I stood up. but the bad thing was my arm was under alot of presure cos my whole body weight was pulling my arm down.. but it was caught.. :eek:

Thanks probably my worst... :rolleyes:

ouch that sounds incredibly painful!
    i ran into a wall for a euro and dislocated my shoulder! was painful but not as bad as shrimps- god bless im!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭Da_cOmRaDe_MiKe

during labour, my ex wasnt having a good time :-x of cource not.. its labour...
    she bt the **** out of my during it.

yep.. mine was sore.. very sore..! :(

• Advertisement

shrimp- i like the sheep!

Lol.. thx :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,488 ✭✭✭SantaHoe

D!ve^Bomb! wrote:
    Mine was when i was going for a piss:(

I was wearing bottoms that have an elastic waist band... so as ever, i walk up to the toilet, assume the position, pull down the waste of the bottoms, when all of a sudden!!!! i lost grip of the bottoms and the elastic shoots back up hitting me in the balls,, that was some pain i tells ya :mad: :mad:
    Ack, yeah that happened to me a few weeks ago... it's terrible aswell because it's the last thing you expect to feel while having a wizz... you just stand there shocked for a few seconds gasping for breath.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

luckily i hadn't actualy started to piss, otherwise i would have just pissed all over meself!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

Probably when I was 13, I jumped off a wall and broke my leg (oh the shame, but also pain!) I had a big futher mucking cast for about 6 weeks and was on crutches for about 3 months.
    Owies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭shelly04

Mine woukd be a toss up between falling out of a tree when i was 11/12 years old, cutting my head and bursting my right elbow open.. scar still visible.. the other being, messing with my older cousin at my granparents when i was about 15, him pushing me, i fell and put my arm through a pane of glass...scar for life just above my wrist and a little to the right of my vein. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭blondie83

When I was eight I thought it would be a great idea to jump off this 15 foot high wall in my back garden - turns out it wasn't! My legs curled in under me as I landed and my left ankle got a bit crunched. I don't know how it wasn't worse, but all I had was a sprain. The most annoying thing was that the hospital was out of crutches, so I was hopping around everywhere for 2 weeks afterwards :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Well i had operations with painful recoveries but i guess they wouldn't consitute "unnecessary pain".

Running tru a field in the rain at night (as ya do...), ran into an electric fence, fence fell with me on top of if... shocking experience.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

To see how much a dislocated shoulder would hurt I got someone to dislocate my shoulder. It hurts even more getting it repositioned, especially when you refuse the painkillers.

tell me bout it! at least i took the painkillers (which hardly worked!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 583 ✭✭✭stuey

cycling down a hill at about 30 mph and then deciding to stand up on the crossbar and try balance myself. Amazingly i did for about 10 seconds but then i noticed a big bump in the road and it was too late. hit bump and bounced about another 5 foot into tha air before landing down on top of the bike.

Also had a head on collision with another bike about 35mph. that was sore

ouch!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,095 ✭✭✭Chick

Possibly slipping on wet bathroom tiles, got cut and needed stitches, and also managed some whack to the head leading to concussion

Or standing on broken glass, barefoot. Stiches also, and crutches.

Or falling out of a tree, and landed flat on my face and broke my front teeth :(

That's my top 3 anyways :)

Bit of a clutz amn't I...

we all have our days.....

standin on the hoover plug in my bare feet hurt too. nearly lost my middle finger when i was 2 but i cant remember doing it.. just my dad picking me up and running inside with me.
    im accident prone!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Farls

shelly04 wrote:
    standin on the hoover plug in my bare feet hurt too. nearly lost my middle finger when i was 2 but i cant remember doing it.. just my dad picking me up and running inside with me.
    im accident prone!

Jumped across a single bed when i was young enough and landed on a plug turned up with my knee...pain soon followed

Dislocated knee cap numerous times playing football...worst pain i ever felt.

Stuck pitch fork through my foot messin about on the lawn when i was younger.

Farlz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 953 ✭✭✭superconor

Falling into a fire when i was in P5 or P6 was quite silly and excruciatingly painfull. Burnt my right hand quite badly, no scars though.

This summer, we got a rocking horse and attatched it to a skateboard . Extreme Donkey was born. we took it to the park which has a steep tarmac hill running along side a steeper slope (literally like \ ) down onto a grassy area, but the slope is covered in shrubs and bushes.
    So my friend is pushing me top speed and i hit the curb (just before the hill) before i thought i would. i flipped sideways and landed on my back head down the hill, which knocked the wind out of me. i then hit my head of the ground and rolled over backwards onto my feet. i managed to turn around and notice the river quick enough to jump it. when i landed my head was ringing and i couldnt see so i collapsed beside my friend and waited until the clouds went away....ahh the long summer days!

ouch.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Some of this stuff should be X-rated :eek:

• Advertisement

oh just how could i forget

first glance - bush
    2 minutes later i figured out its bush that grew around a brink wall. Ouch!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 916 ✭✭✭logistic

Standing on the base of a broken pint glass in my bare feet. Nerves and tendons broken, now i cant feel from the center of my foot to my 3 middle toes. Have a great scar though, in the shape of a Z!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭rmacm

Stepping on a shard of glass and having it come through my shoe and stab me in the foot is probably the most painful thing thats happend to me. Should have been looking where I was walking.

Cheers
    Rory

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Playing rugby.....big fat guy wearing boots with big studs stamping on my balls :eek:

how come it is always to ones that involve a mans meat and 2 veg that sound the worst

Cos girls cant understand how painful it is, and just assume that its agony! :p

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭Droogie

When i was about 12, i was running to the kitchen in my house with a fork in my hand, tripped up and the prongs of the fork went deep into the palm of my hand... 10 minutes later, my father pulled it out unexpectedly after reassuring m he was just "having a look at it..

Also...

When I was 14, i think, i was on a building site with my friends lookin to sreal wood off the builders in order to build a hut... i jumped off the back of a toe truck and landed down on a 5 inch rusty nail sticking out of a board... my foot went straight through... Worst thing about that was having to put my other foot down beside the nail and hold the board down so that i could ease my impaled foot out...

Pretty sore... :p

Why people actually pull things out just totally flabbergasts me... They can do it more more safely in hospital you know!

Ya but come on! Its a rusty nail, who would want that in their foot for any longer than 0.00000 of a second?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 477 ✭✭abccormac

When I was a kid we went to visit my grandparents in roscommon. Iwas swinging on a rope hanging from the roof of a hay shed and my cousin grabbed me by the ankles and pulled. I didn't let go of the rope. it took weeks for the skin to grow back. A friend of mine is missing the tip of his thumb, he got it stuck in a bottle and his dad tried to yank it out.

yeah cause inital reaction is
    "this wasn't there a second ago, and it fcukin hurts. im takin it out"

• Advertisement

exunctly! :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Damn ingrowing toenails, they keep coming back, even after changing shoes and how i tie laces, just keep coming back totally unecessary.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Mine would be locking both of my lower leg mucles to see how painful it would be.......never again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Slicing my hand with a razor. that killed. it was an accident though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Possibly playing with an axe when I was five and chopping through half the top of my finger....or doing the same two years later in a glass door....or splitting my chin open at six after falling from the top of my climbing frame onto the bottom bar...or one of the five times I broke bones in my arm (rollerskates, climbing a tree, bunkbed, playing that thing where you hold hands and spin in a circle really fast and then let go-landed on a concrete floor, falling of a roof)...or puncturing a lung falling of a skateboard...or breaking a toe tripping over a tree root....or getting hit in the nose by a banana (sounds like nothing but damn I still remember the pain)...or the various million times I hit trees while mountain/street biking (don't ever try jump twenty steps when you're no good at it. its not worth the pain)

I was quite the tomboy, now that I look at it :o

When I was about 11 I got a stone trown at me. It cut thru my upper lip, cut a whole like, all the way thru. Went to the hospital and waited for a doctor, cos we were waiting for so long, it had stopped bleading and had time to heal over, like from a hole to a scab in about 4 hours.. I mean thats wierd, for some reason, I heal extreamly fast. Like I dont know if you read my post on how I impaled myself on a door handle! But I got 5 stiches from that, five where the handle went in and five where it came out on the other side. But I was ready to have the stickes out after 3 Days! like it had practically healed! :rolleyes: A blessing I tells ya!

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,504 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

reading shrimps posts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

motorcycle accident & tattoos/piercings....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭littleninja

When I was about 9, I went cycling with my neighbours around a lake near our house. The whole lot takes roughly an hour to do and we were always accompanied by either my neighhour's parents or my own parents. Anyway, at this stage, I had just recently learned how to cycle without the aid of stabilisers and was feeling quite proud of myself cycling alongside everyone else.

We got to this big hill that was near the end of the road we took. This hill is very steep and it leads to a busy main road. Myself and my neighbour decided to race down this hill to see who could make it to the bottom first.

All was going well, until I realised I was heading straight for the main road and got scared. I slammed on the brakes, and found myself sailing over the handlebars of the bike. I hadn't realised how responsive the brakes on the bike were and ended up landing on my nose on the hard ground below and I think I actually had gone sliding forward on my nose along the ground too. Needless to say I was slightly surprised and dazed by the sudden flying lesson. I'm not quite sure if I got back on the bike and cycled home or whether I just wheeled the thing home with the help of my neighbour's dad.

Amazingly there were no bones broken and only a few cuts and scrape marks on my face from where I had made contact with the ground. And thankfully no battle scars either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,035 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Did the over the handlebars thing on a bike before as well.

The worst pain I can remember was testicular torsion, owww....

• Advertisement
Advertisement