Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

dealer turns up his own card

Options
  • 01-01-2005 4:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭

In a home game last week. I was the only one there that could explain all the rules. I wasnt sure what the official ruling is when the dealer turns up a card for another player, and especially (as it was in this case) his own card.

Early on the dealer (lets call him jerko, kinda drunk, very annoying guy) dealt a card up to another player. The player was asked if he still wanted it (it was an ace) he said definitely.

Much later on (and many beers later) Jerko flips over his own card (the second one). He grabs the two players to his left hand cards and puts them all back in the deck. I was like.... um, I dont think thats what you are supposed to do mate. At this stage, im the only one who knows the rules and Im looking at Ace King. Very Very Very annoyed I said that he should have had to keep his card. But was I right?

Comments

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

A player never ever gets the choice of keeping the card for one thing.

on the first round of the deal, if you flip a card you take them all back regardless. Noone can say what they would have had even if they had an ace they could get a 3 as a kicker so no loss. You reshuffle and redeal anew.

If the card is exposed on the second round of dealing (ie: its one of the second cards of the hands being dealt) then you show all players the card, take the third card "up" from the bottom of the deck and replace the exposed card with that card. Then the deal and the game continue as normal and the exposed card is NOT the burned card, you burn cards as usual.

There are some rules I dont know like when its the players fault etc, I know that thats different though rare enough.

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Thanks for the info. The first part makes complete sense, just redeal.

The next part...
    DeVore wrote:
    If the card is exposed on the second round of dealing (ie: its one of the second cards of the hands being dealt) then you show all players the card, take the third card "up" from the bottom of the deck and replace the exposed card with that card.

DeV.
    Ok That sounds complicated. Any idea why it's the third card up that is used? wierd.

The thing about that night, the same guy kept dealing as he he stood at the table, so he was tossing the cards from 2 feet above the table. Im pretty sure some people were able to see cards but no one was challenging him, as he was drunk. I offered to deal for him but he was stubborn.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

yankinlk wrote:
    Thanks for the info. The first part makes complete sense, just redeal.

The next part...

Ok That sounds complicated. Any idea why it's the third card up that is used? wierd.

The thing about that night, the same guy kept dealing as he he stood at the table, so he was tossing the cards from 2 feet above the table. Im pretty sure some people were able to see cards but no one was challenging him, as he was drunk. I offered to deal for him but he was stubborn.

I'm not sure, it cant be the bottom card as someone may have seen it while dealing. And it cant b from the top part as it will completely change the flop etc for other players. 3rds a nice number, tho i'm sure someone on here will know!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

Its the Fitz rules, seems to work so most people have adopted it for home games.

Advertisement