Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How do I use my new web address ?

Options
  • 01-01-2005 5:07pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21

Hi,

I registered an address about 2 months ago with irishdomains.com I think it cost €65 for 2 years......

Anyway how do I use it or get in to it ? I'm new to this, but I have a web forum already and I just want to change or redirect my forum to this new address.

Thanks in advance.

[edit]

I just found this, so should I contact them and pay the €35 extra per year ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 286 ✭✭fizzy

hi eadcyclo,

if it was a .com domain you got ripped off just so you know when it's time to renew it...

i don't know a huge amount about the ins and outs of domains but i've bought a fair few and you may not need to pay irishdomains even more money for redirection. where is the forum hosted at the moment? if it's a proper hosting account, you will just need to edit the nameservers for your domain to point to the servers of the host

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21 EADCYCLO

hi fizzy,

it's a .net address and my forum is US based it's also a free service so i wouldn't think it's a proper hosting account, i'll ask them also about it .

cheers fizzy

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭steve-hosting36

At that price, it would be more cost effective to transfer the domain to another registrar (which should cost about 8 or 9 euro) that provides free url redirect / web forwarding services.

At that price, it would be more cost effective to transfer the domain to another registrar (which should cost about 8 or 9 euro) that provides free url redirect / web forwarding services.

http://www.registerfly.com/ offer this for free and do domain transfers for $8 (less than 6 yoyos) so as steve says, that's your best way out...
    i use registerfly a lot - their admin interface has lots of cool tools and i would certainly recommend them

by the way, when you transfer a domain to another registrar a year will be added on to you registration (that's why there's a charge...)

good luck!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭deep_end

The best web hosting http://www.ixwebhosting.com/ :)

• Advertisement

Cheers lads, i've just e-mailed http://www.registerfly.com/ so i'll let ye know how i get on....

thanks again............. ;)

I just got this from them:

Hello

Your domain is not registered with registerfly so we can not
    update the settings for it.

Thank You
    --
    Please advise if we can assist you further. Thank you for being a
    RegisterFly.com customer!

I'll mail them back asking can i move to their register........ :rolleyes:

hi eadcyclo,

if you go to registerfly.com, theres a sales chat link in the top right - this may be more use top you - you can sort out all your queries together in a conversation - that's what i tend to use for support there ...

but you will deffo be able to transfer. if you are listed as the contact on the whois info for the domain you can start the process now, if not then you need to get irishdomains.com to list you as the contact. you get full details on how to go about the transfer at registerfly on their help pages here:
    http://www.registerfly.com/kb/?mode=detail&detailid=10203&id=2000&articleid=10134

if the transfer fails for some reason (unlikely), registerfly will give you your money back so it looks like a win win situation. by the way please be aware that you could transfer your domain to *any* other registrar. you don't have to user registerfly - that was just a suggestion!

don't worry i used to be overwhelmed by all this domain stuff but it's usually all very straightforward ... good luck! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭Cork Skate

EADCYCLO wrote:
    I registered an address about 2 months ago with irishdomains.com I think it cost €65 for 2 years......

Ahh ... hello

What are they playing at ???????

What a rip off .... who told you about them ?? :eek:

Can they be reported or something ..... if this happened in the street, you would have been mugged !!!

irishdomains.com my árse !!! :mad:

Advertisement