Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Mahon Point Shop List

• 01-01-2005 7:21pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Main Shopping Centre -

1.Debenhams
    2.Tesco
    3.Next
    4.River Island
    5. Sam McCauley
    6. Lacoste
    7. Jack & Jones
    8. Zara
    9.Monsoon
    10.Gasoline
    11.Oasis
    12.La Senza
    13.Morgan
    14.Principles
    15.Ladybird
    16.FCUK
    17.Adams
    18.Champion Sports
    19.The Jean Scene
    20.Bershka
    21.Pamela Scott
    22.Best
    23.Sasha
    24.A-Wear
    25.Suits You
    26.Jane Norman
    27.Carraig Donn
    28.Accersorize
    29.Swamp
    30.Peter Mark
    31.Game
    32.Easons
    33.First Choice
    34.Golden Discs
    35.Clarks
    36.Ecco
    37.Barratts
    38.Vodafone
    39.Nature's Way
    40. Perfume

- names in the wings incl.
    1. Pull&Bear (under negotiation)
    2.HMV (still in talks)

Food Stores & Food Court Tenants -

1. McDonalds
    2. KFC
    3.O'Briens Sandwich Bars
    4.The Bagel Bar
    5.Eddie Rockets
    6.Pizza Hut
    7.Bennigans
    8.Sweets

13-Screen Multiplex - 1. Omniplex

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Jim Comic

might use the cinema now and then, can't see anything else on the list of much interest tho'

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

mehh, these shops are already everywhere
    chav central tbh

*grumble*

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

I just want some eddie Rockets!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

When will the centre actually open, and will any buses be running to it?

1st feb

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

dudara wrote:
    When will the centre actually open, and will any buses be running to it?

The No.2 will stop up the road from it - at the lights across from the CSO & "old" Project Management.

The 10 would stop a good 20 mins walk away at Scallys or near teh Credit Union in the mornings...

there will be also a park and ride there,

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,730 ✭✭✭✭simu

Zara's cool and there are none in town but I can't see myself ever venturing down to Mahon.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

Close enough to work for me to visit. Still, traffic patterns will get pretty hectic out there. Sigh, only one book shop; Easons.

its a joke the lanes are all over the place accident just waiting to happen.everytime i drive through there people go into the wrong lane,

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,048 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

Where abouts is this shopping centre going to be located. I am only familiar with Cork city centre.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

I reckon it'll be handy for me anyway - coming from Glounthaune, or stopping in on the way home from college.
    Traffic's gonna be (more) nuts though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

Have to agree it's going to be a monumental traffic disaster. Traffic lights at the on-ramp and on the off-ramp - clever. B&Q are down there too. The no. 19 bus goes down there I think or is meant to.

Good luck with riding on the no. 2. I did that the whole time in secondary school. Quite an experience some days.

Wouldn't mind a tesco petrol station there. Is AIB Ballintemple still the nearest bank to there ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,483 ✭✭✭✭daveirl

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 786 ✭✭✭center15

Here's the website for anyone interested Mahon Point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Dead handy can swing down and around from my place in 10mins
    Chuffed (il never get the missus out of there though)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

have to say im impressed with the shops that will be opeing. the location is great, doesnt suit me though, but it is fantastic for everyone coming from all directions of the city thanks to the roads. traffic chaos but thats all the fun of it.

question, 13 screen multiplex, but why an omniplex if there is already a cinema there?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

The cimema in blackpool is opening in the next couple of weeks as well. Will aslo be dead handy. There is some new eletrical store in blackpool next to atlanitc homecare as well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 539 ✭✭✭hefty_langer

Maplins is that electrical store...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 209 ✭✭Torlac

1st feb
    fat chance they are all behind schedule i know of at least 5 shops that aren't near ready not including the cinema

• Closed Accounts Posts: 573 ✭✭✭el Bastardo

Oh yes..., But does anything ever go according to schjedule in this part of the planet? (No!) It's almost always a botch job (because no one will admit that they don't have a enough time!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 274 ✭✭Danni

Does anyone know if there is gonna be a Brown Thomas or any store with cosmetic counters like MAC, Lancome, Bobbi Brown etc..?? Besides Sam McCauley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭solice

Danni wrote:
    Does anyone know if there is gonna be a Brown Thomas or any store with cosmetic counters like MAC, Lancome, Bobbi Brown etc..?? Besides Sam McCauley.

i think there is a BT2 going into wilton

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭satanta99

The department store,Debenhams, will be an anchor tenant in the development and they have a cosmetic department.
    I don't think BT2 is opening in Wilton now at all. Brown Thomas own A-wear and I think the unit that eveyone was suggesting would be taken by BT2 was actually just a new unit for the awear chain.
    There are still a few units left in Mahon Point which no tenants have been annouced. In the media some time back the shoe store Schuh was said to have secured a unit but dere is no mention on the website of it as a tenant.
    Footlocker would be great but no sign of it coming to Mahon or even in Town. They have both these stores in Galway and it has a smaller population.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

It would be great to have a Schuh in Cork, I can't see why Galway gets one and we don't

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Tiriel

does the no. 19 go there?

I'd say they will change a bus route or two to accomadate. But as it is the 19 doesnt go down there last time i checked. Bit of a walk from where it stops.

Maplins? where did you see that - im blind.Would be class to have one in Cork though,Electronics and computers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,582 ✭✭✭Padraig Mor

Cork_girl wrote:
    does the no. 19 go there?

Nope. 2 and 10 go within 5-10 minutes walk.

Traffic will be an absolute nightmare there.... :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 299 ✭✭7mountpleasant

Maplins is next to lifestyle sports in blackpool not sure if it is open yet haven't been home for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,819 ✭✭✭rymus

Nukem wrote:
    I'd say they will change a bus route or two to accomadate. But as it is the 19 doesnt go down there last time i checked. Bit of a walk from where it stops.

Maplins? where did you see that - im blind.Would be class to have one in Cork though,Electronics and computers

Course they'll change a bus route or ten.. Otherwise the knackers would have no way of getting out there to congretate.

Maplins have a shop out in the new retail park in Blackpool although it wasnt open as of Monday.

Jaysus never knew that. Been out there 2-3 times in the last few weeks and must have sailed straight passed it........time for an eye test.

Cheers Guys

thanks.. will check it out! I'm a stranger to Cork again and I'm only gone a few short months :( ah well!!

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

Reckon it will be the cork version of the Square with tracksuits everywhere or are signs pointing to good security in place?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

or are signs pointing to good security in place?

Well that's what they're saying in the papers - "high security cctv" for all the cars plus security guards in the car park.

• Advertisement

Cork_girl wrote:
    I'm a stranger to Cork again and I'm only gone a few short months

Bet its good to be home - Leaving in two weeks to go back to Limerick and dreading it - Cork is way better.

no I'm not home.. sob :( back in Dublin again.. just not the same!!

Cork_girl wrote:
    no I'm not home.. sob :( back in Dublin again.. just not the same!!

Home is where the heart is. May you never forget the city you love and always return to where you come from. Happy trails.

Nukem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,441 ✭✭✭jhegarty

rymus wrote:
    Course they'll change a bus route or ten.. Otherwise the knackers would have no way of getting out there to congretate.

Maplins have a shop out in the new retail park in Blackpool although it wasnt open as of Monday.

96fm just confirmed the number 10 will stop there.....

Yeah it was stopped outside the bus stop there last night.i wonder where they will turn i guess the park up from it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 157 ✭✭iceman_2001_ie

Try getting a bus through the lines of traffic...
    I heard that this morning there was a huge tail-back trying to get up into Mahon, presumably with people trying to get into the centre when it opens.

Or maybe PM has employed 20,000 new employees??

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,737 Mod ✭✭✭✭Manach

<rant> And so nice of CIE to tell the regular #10 bus users of the change only on the day it went into operation</rant>

Still, it will be nice to catch the bus there for lunch

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

It was announced at work last Friday..

Advertisement