Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My New Puppy !

• 02-01-2005 12:13am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭

Two days past Thanksgiving I had to put an old friend to sleep. She was my pure white Pitt Bull Shasta. It was a horrible thing to have to do , but she was old, very ill and keeping her alive would not have been kind to her. Four days after Christmas I had a pet rescue orginazation call me and tell me they had a dog they were desperately seeking a home for. I was quick to tell them that I had to many dogs already and didn't need another.... Until ..... they pulled their Ace card and told me that the dog needing a home was a brindled Pitt Bull female that was about 8 or 9 months old. She had been found on Thanksgiving wandering the streets , her front legs chewed up and one ear ripped. They had taken her to the vet and had her sewn up and no one had came to claim her. She had excellent manners and was crate trained, got along great with people especially kids and got along with other dogs. She was also spayed. Of course they had me at "she was brindle.............."

I had not told anyone I wanted another dog , so their call about her was totally out of the blue. I knew the Pet Rescue person of course and she knew I had a Pitts before and was hoping I could find room in my home for Patch. What they didn't know was that I had lost Shasta the month before. I told them to bring her out and we'd see how we got along. A long anxious wait and she arrived , she is everything I hoped she would be and more. I have a new Puppy .... Her name is Patch.

Patch.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,473 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

& she is lovely! - Well done for taking a dog that may otherwise have been put to sleep just because of the breed she is - there is no rescue in Ireland for the so called Bull Breeds so Rotties & Pit Bulls are often out of luck as most rescues don't understand these wonderful dogs.

So sorry to hear about your other doggy.

Hugs

Faye-Bond xxx

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,304 ✭✭✭✭koneko

Fair play to you :)
    Keep us updated on how she settles in!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

That's a wonderfull story, I've got a story for why I have my dog too, but I'll tell it some other time.

Advertisement